How to Clean MAF sensor Mazda CX 5

Hi guys . Just created another DIY maintenance video for our Mazda CX 5 . If you are interested please share along .

Thank you . Peace

Thanks for sharing, good info and video, some questions : how often do you clean it? Also don't you need to reinitialize the TPMS and the driver's side auto up/down window after disconnecting battery, also I believe all radio settings and users car function preferences like door locks are reset to factory defaults. There's a product you can buy that uses a 9V battery that you plug into cigarette outlet prior to disconnecting the battery so it keeps all settings.

also from experience, I don't recommend disconnecting the battery if one is planning to bring the car in for inspection soon, it resets the OBDII drive cycle to NOT READY and some emissions monitors are a real hassle to get ready and if not set, you will fail inspection, there's a certain driving pattern that must be followed for it to set.

Last edited:
Felixd are those aftermarket LEDs i see at the bottom of your CX5?
Can you share where and how much?

Thanks - I also love the triangle trim around your fog lamps. I was searching for those LEDs. Thanks

Thanks for sharing, good info and video, some questions : how often do you clean it? Also don't you need to reinitialize the TPMS and the driver's side auto up/down window after disconnecting battery, also I believe all radio settings and users car function preferences like door locks are reset to factory defaults. There's a product you can buy that uses a 9V battery that you plug into cigarette outlet prior to disconnecting the battery so it keeps all settings.

also from experience, I don't recommend disconnecting the battery if one is planning to bring the car in for inspection soon, it resets the OBDII drive cycle to NOT READY and some emissions monitors are a real hassle to get ready and if not set, you will fail inspection, there's a certain driving pattern that must be followed for it to set.

Yes. Correct . I forgot to mention about reseting the time. Automatic driver side window . TPMS sensor. And radio audio setting needs to be reinitialized after disconnecting the battery. In Indonesia where the air quality and condition are very dusty so i would think to do the cleaning every 1 years of daily use or every 20000kms should be good for maintain the car performance.

Felixd are those aftermarket LEDs i see at the bottom of your CX5?
Can you share where and how much?

Thanks - I also love the triangle trim around your fog lamps. I was searching for those LEDs. Thanks

Hi Kaps . Thank you . Yes they are LED kit from Mazda Australia. I had to order it from one of the dealer in Australia . I Believe they costs about $499 retail . Complete Plug n Play just have to create the hole using their templates. The triangle trim it self i purchased it while back from Japan. But i think i can get them cheaper from ebay for the same style.

Hi Kaps . Thank you . Yes they are LED kit from Mazda Australia. I had to order it from one of the dealer in Australia . I Believe they costs about $499 retail . Complete Plug n Play just have to create the hole using their templates. The triangle trim it self i purchased it while back from Japan. But i think i can get them cheaper from ebay for the same style.

Thanks Felix 499 is Aussie Dolars I guess? I will check out ebay Australia for any deals.
They look great, much better than some copies selling on eBay for a lot more.

Back