compatible parts?

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I just picked up a MSP, 2003.5, has 102k miles on it.

it needs some work, some cosmetic parts, what would be compatible between a standard protege, and an MSP? I need a dipstick, and an A/C compressor (maybe), side mirrors, etc. what can I reliably swap and what needs to be specific to the MSP?

Thanks!

I just picked up a MSP, 2003.5, has 102k miles on it.

it needs some work, some cosmetic parts, what would be compatible between a standard protege, and an MSP? I need a dipstick, and an A/C compressor (maybe), side mirrors, etc. what can I reliably swap and what needs to be specific to the MSP?

Thanks!
Turbo parts are specific cosmetic parts any 2001 to 2003 Protege or P5.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, do you know if all MSP came with remote locks? I got just a single key, and would really like to have a remote to lock/unlock it.

Thanks for the reply, do you know if all MSP came with remote locks? I got just a single key, and would really like to have a remote to lock/unlock it.
Yes all speeds came with keyless locks. You can buy remotes and their is a process to program them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The side mirrors are unique to the MSP and MP3, they are completely color-matched. Other protege models had black mirrors with body color caps. Most everything else aside from the front bumper, front/rear lip and spoiler are the same as the normal Pro sedan.

I cannot find body color matched mirrors, and one of mine is held together with a wood screw... If I pick up some black ones for a regular Protege, will those physically install and work till I can either find working ones of the right color, or fix the ones I have?

Thanks for the link. Excited to get the part to get it programmed. Already did some work on it. I got a new trim piece for the bumper (the bar that goes above the M, below the hood), put on new wiper blades and a new air filter. Will be taking it to the shop monday to get the A/C fixed, and do a full inspection on it.

The front grill is also colormatched on the MSP, but the black P5 grill will also work. What color is your MSP? Best way to find mirrors will be on this forum or the facebook parts groups. I have some titanium MSP mirrors if you are looking for some.

Back