2017 Mazda 6 - Krown Rust Proofing

ghrimm

:
Mazda 6 GS
New Mazda 6 owner here and I have some questions about rust proofing it. I also live in central Canada where we salt our roads in winter. I opted out of the rust module and undercoating from the dealership and I'm planning on getting Krown applied to it. I didn't see any posts specific to Krown rust proofing and the current generation of Mazda 6 (2017) hence this post.

Anyone on here own a 2017 Mazda 6 and have used Krown to rust proof their car? Did they drill a lot of holes on the car and did they spray the engine bay as well? I'm just curious because the engine bay appears to be shielded from debris that may come up from below the car.

Last edited:
Had it done on my CX-3. They do drill some holes and plug them up after and spray the engine bay as well. I believe that's the standard for any vehicle they do.

Hi ghrimm,

How was your experience with Krown? I just bought a brand new Mazda 6 GT and was thinking of opting out of the rust proofing package that dealer is offering (OVERPRICED). They threatened me that the warranty would go void if did it from outside. Is that true?

Back