2017~2024 Kongka Cargo Cover

I was going to post that the picture is of a 2013-16, but that is already cleared up in the Q&A. Please share how his works out as I am very interested, but could not take the plunge for the OEM one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing you might want to note is that the OEM cover has these spring-loaded flaps that move to accommodate the rear seats that now can recline (slightly). Pics on amazon don't show such a feature on this cargo cover -- not sure if it has it or not. If it doesn't, then there might be a gap that remains between the rear seats and the cargo cover when the seats are in the upright position.

One thing you might want to note is that the OEM cover has these spring-loaded flaps that move to accommodate the rear seats that now can recline (slightly). Pics on amazon don't show such a feature on this cargo cover -- not sure if it has it or not. If it doesn't, then there might be a gap that remains between the rear seats and the cargo cover when the seats are in the upright position.

I have heard about this feature, but I have never found a good picture of it. Could someone post a good picture of this?

Got the Kongka Cover in. Super quick install - just slid it into place and hooked it to hatch.

It doesn't have the mesh when it extends, so I can't see through it like the official one.

But overall I'm happy, it'll do its job to cover my trunk. I'll post pictures once I figure out how to upload from my phone.

Also, it doesn't have the flaps to cover the rear seat reclining space.

I have heard about this feature, but I have never found a good picture of it. Could someone post a good picture of this?

Not the greatest pic, but this should give you an idea:

20170727_160900.jpg

There are two flaps -- 60% on driver's side; 40% on passenger side. I am holding down the flap on the driver's side.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is a picture of the OEM cargo cover, not the Kongka Cover on amazon.

Last edited:
Not the greatest pic, but this should give you an idea:

20170727_160900.jpg

There are two flaps -- 60% on driver's side; 40% on passenger side. I am holding down the flap on the driver's side.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is a picture of the OEM cargo cover, not the Kongka Cover on amazon.

Thanks for the pic! I read about this in press material during the CX-5 launch, and searched for it. Hmm, need to decide which one to get.

Got the Kongka Cover in. Super quick install - just slid it into place and hooked it to hatch.

It doesn't have the mesh when it extends, so I can't see through it like the official one.

But overall I'm happy, it'll do its job to cover my trunk. I'll post pictures once I figure out how to upload from my phone.

Also, it doesn't have the flaps to cover the rear seat reclining space.

The mesh was the other thing I was curious about. Thanks for the info, and hope you like it!

Here's pictures of the Kongka Cover:

I was ready to buy/order the official mazda one but after seeing this picture

the problem is ... If I can get the OEM one from mazdaparts.org for $195
or this non-oem one but at a $40 off ...

If the non-oem one was like half the price then its a no brainer ...
_ { # _ # } _

Last edited:
I was ready to buy/order the official mazda one but after seeing this picture

the problem is ... If I can get the OEM one from mazdaparts.org for $195
or this non-oem one but at a $40 off ...

If the non-oem one was like half the price then its a no brainer ...
_ { # _ # } _

OEM cover for $195 at your dealer? Wow! Today I was quoted "about $285" while waiting to get remote starter installed. I liked the cargo cover but $250?

Hi - we just bought the 2017 CX5 & u just confirmed that I'm not crazy as I know I read the rear seats recline a bit in the GT Premium which is what we bought. But when we got home with the car I couldn't see how to recline them. How do you recline them please? Tks!

Hi - we just bought the 2017 CX5 & u just confirmed that I'm not crazy as I know I read the rear seats recline a bit in the GT Premium which is what we bought. But when we got home with the car I couldn't see how to recline them. How do you recline them please? Tks!
Same handle on the top that releases them. Just pull the handle while pushing the seat back.

I ended up buying the OEM one ... I figured why try to save a lil bit of $ ...
I am just gonna have to eat $1.50 costco hotdog lunch for a week or two...

Back