Dog Barrier for 2017 CX-5?

Look into travall... got one for my GTI and the wife's CX5. They are for the hatch area though. Not sure where you allow your dog to setup shop in the vehicle. Love them. Easy to put in and take out. 5mins tops, once you do it once or twice and learn how to contort it to get it it to fit right. For the CX5 they also make a divider so you can split the hatch space between dog space and luggage or whatever.

Travall Dog Barrier

I am going to be purchasing a 2017 Mazda CX-5 this month and plan to get a dog barrier from Travall. They are not yet available for the 2017 redesign but if you go to their website you can ask that they contact you as soon as they become available. I had one of their barriers for my Touareg for 5 years and it is a very high quality, well built barrier. Pricier than what you might find with other options but FAR better in terms of quality and fit. You will not be disappointed.

Has anyone bought one yet? I would love to get a recommendation.

Thank you!

i just bought a CX5 and after reviewing lots of options for a pet barrier the Travall seems to be the best one but they are currently out of stock (or that's what they say, maybe they have designed/built one for the 2017 yet). Either way when I contacted them this week they suggested it would be 3 to 4 months before they are available. Has anyone tried the Walky Guard? This also looks good but the min height they note is 12" and my measurement from the headrest seat posts to the ceiling is about 11.5" so very close. Wondering if the Walky Guard actually does fit? Thanks

i just bought a CX5 and after reviewing lots of options for a pet barrier the Travall seems to be the best one but they are currently out of stock (or that's what they say, maybe they have designed/built one for the 2017 yet). Either way when I contacted them this week they suggested it would be 3 to 4 months before they are available. Has anyone tried the Walky Guard? This also looks good but the min height they note is 12" and my measurement from the headrest seat posts to the ceiling is about 11.5" so very close. Wondering if the Walky Guard actually does fit? Thanks

I couldn't wait for the pet barrier from Traveall, and for it to be delivered to Singapore, it will probably cost the same or more than the cost of the barrier. Instead I got Petego Kar 9 Keeper Car Barrier for Pet Automotive Safety barrier from Amazon. It is cheaper and well made, quality is not bad, and it fits the 2017 CX5. All the description is on Amazon, min height and etc. Here are some photos. I had to stuff two styrofoam under the headrest "L" joint to keep it from rattling a little...if you look closely...but other than that, I am very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

IMG_20171006_084426.jpg
IMG_20171006_084227.jpg
IMG_20171006_084302.jpg

Last edited:
Back