Mirror Tap Fit for 2017 CX-5

:
CX5
FYI because I didn't find this info when I searched.

These
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
(I purchased the Valentine One Rj11 one)

Will fit the molex connector on a 2017 CX-5 with Homelink. The trick is to get the pin under crimp where it rolls into the insulation.
Code:
  ---
(     )
So looking at the side of cable entry, you will see the crimp rolls into tabs from both sides into the insulation for a strain relief. The channel it leaves along the bottom wall of the molex connector, is where you want to target the pin entry.

I thought the pins were too think initially and thought I'd have to get the MTX ones from bendmount, but finally figure out the sweet spot for the cheap ones.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for a tap.

I believe he's referring to the ability to power a Valentine One radar/laser detector from a wire in the rear view mirror instead of running a much longer power cable to another location for power.

Sorry for not being clear. Yes, as SweetPete has answered, a "mirror tap" is a wiring harness that plugs into the existing mirror plug to get power to a device. In my case, my radar detector. Other uses could be dashcam or anything needing power near the mirror without having to run a wire back to the fusebox or other power sources.

You have +12v switched (ie only when ignition on), and +12v unswitched (ie power with ignition off) with ground available to you at the mirror connector.

I listed this because I wasn't sure what size pins was needed to fit the stock mirror plug.
So a probe diameters of .0385 inches (0.977mm) will if the stock Homelink Mirror connector on a 2017 CX-5

Hope that helps.

With the mirror tap it allows you a cleaner install and allowing you mount your radar detector at the top part of the windshield.

38894072381_bf28aea43c_b.jpg

27117715239_a7a8965979_b.jpg

Back