Siriusxm satellite radio

Mybubbles65

:
Cx 5 grand touring
I'll try to make this as brief as possible. I bought a 2016.5 cx5 grand touring six months ago. It is a Canadian vehicle. I noticed at the time that xm was greyed out on the screen but figured it just needed to be activated. I have recently moved to the US. I wanted to active it and have found out that I don't have it. Apparently it was only available with the $1500 tech package in Canada, which I did not buy. In the US, xm is standard on the grand touring. I'm very unhappy about this. My question is, how do I get the xm enabled on my car? There's no way it's a different head unit put on cdn vs us cars. I would think the dealer can just enable it via software? There is no module available to buy so it must already be on the head unit. Help! I want satellite radio and do not want an aftermarket version. Also not interested in using the app through Bluetooth.

Not sure about 16s but with early models there was an add on hardware package that included antenna and receiver... You should explore and add on kit from XM, they almost give the hardware away to get the subscription...

US GT's come with SXM. Not sure about Canadian. Sounds like you got the Touring audio in your GT. If you have SXM you would be able to select it and at least hear channel one which is the highlights channel. You would also be able to access channel zero which is the radio's address.
Best thing to do would be talk to a Mazda service dept and see what they say.

I'm in a similar position, but I have a lifetime subscription in the receiver in my old wrecked 2015! There is not yet a kit to add a sat radio to a 2016/2016.5 Touring. Bummer. Surely the shark fin has the sat antenna in it and obviously the radio has the capability. There is a receiver module used in the GTs, so all we need is an overlay cable, like the kit had in my MX-5.

Sxm

I'm in a similar position, but I have a lifetime subscription in the receiver in my old wrecked 2015! There is not yet a kit to add a sat radio to a 2016/2016.5 Touring. Bummer. Surely the shark fin has the sat antenna in it and obviously the radio has the capability. There is a receiver module used in the GTs, so all we need is an overlay cable, like the kit had in my MX-5.

OK I have a new CX5 Touring that does not have Sirius radio. But I have it anyway. You need a smart phone first, then set Bluetooth on in the car system, then go to Sirius and down load their app to your phone. And away you go, start the app on your phone and pick some of the stations you like. And it works. Not as good as the system that my 2015 CX5 had but it does work. I asked about upgrading the radio and was told NO Way. I was disappointed because I really like SiriusXM and Mazda took it away. Why??

Using the Sirius app you can also use your phone even in the Kitchen or out in the yard and maybe anywhere. Pretty slick I think.

OK I have a new CX5 Touring that does not have Sirius radio. But I have it anyway. You need a smart phone first, then set Bluetooth on in the car system, then go to Sirius and down load their app to your phone. And away you go, start the app on your phone and pick some of the stations you like. And it works. Not as good as the system that my 2015 CX5 had but it does work. I asked about upgrading the radio and was told NO Way. I was disappointed because I really like SiriusXM and Mazda took it away. Why??

Yeah, I did that last week. Checked my data usage and confirmed I'm no where near my limits each month. Tested it through my browser and found it was unreliable, so in installed the (privacy invading) app and it works pretty well around town. I doubt it will work in the E. TN mountains, but I also have a 128 GB thumb drive.

I just bought my first Mazda, a 2017 Touring model and was very sad to see my XM go away from my prior car. After much web searching, I did find one company (www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-093/) that makes an SXM module that supposedly installs and integrates into the existing Mazda communication system. I have yet to contact any registered dealers for this product to see if it really does work. You would think that it would be available as a dealer module cuz the antenna is there in the shark fin.

Back