2017~2024 Color Paralysis

mazcx-5

:
Mazda CX-5 CT
Hi There,
I am picking out my CX-5 GT and for some reason can't pull the trigger on an exterior color decision. I initially wanted to get the Crystal Blue with Parchment leather but I have decided to go with black leather as I hike a lot and have two dogs and tend to keep my cars for a long time and don't have a lot of time to stay up on the cleaning.

So.. does anyone here have Crystal Blue? How about Eternal Blue? How do you like them? How are they wearing? I am hesitant to pay for a premium color but I am considering the Grey.
Don't read much about folks going with Silver this model year.

Thanks for you thoughts!

Have a look at user dseag2 and their posts. They purchased a silver CX-5 and I am planning to do the same.

Hides dirt and grime better meaning less washes and in my eyes, gives the car a more expensive look.

In order of easiest to keep clean it's pretty much light to dark. White is easiest. Then red, light blue, silver, dark blue, then black. That's my understanding anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

In order of easiest to keep clean it's pretty much light to dark. White is easiest. Then red, light blue, silver, dark blue, then black. That's my understanding anyway.

I would disagree with white. We had a white car that was left out in the street in the pollution and under trees. Very difficult to remove stains if not washed regularly. Much more noticeable close up too.

Also red & blue are more susceptible to showing water beads etc if the surface was already dusty and then it rained.

Last edited:
Our Volvo is white and it's harder to tell when it needs washed. Like when the whole thing is dusty, it's hard to tell...until you touch it. Cleaning it is definitely easier because you can easily see dirt on it when you start washing.

Maybe. I was just going by our experience and it was because of this that we decided no more white cars but silver.

I went from a silver car to my eternal blue CX-5 (I was ready for some color!). I've been very happy with my color choice and the black interior, no issues with either so far. I agree with the blue showing water spots if it rains when the car is dusty. I ran through the car wash the other day and it was out of wash soap, so now my car looks like I basically just rinsed it off with a hose. Not a good look for any new car...

After having a silver car for 14 years, I will not do or want another...not because it was hard to keep clean or because it did/did not hide dirt well, but because it has/carries little emotion. (Mercedes F1 fans not included)

My car is (reflex) silver because that is the color the dealer had that had the options/wheels I wanted. However my first choice was indigo blue.

With our cx-5, I see so many soul reds it is crazy, as if the upcharge for it didn't exist. The next most popular color is the darker of the blues followed by black. At least in oh anyway.

Personally, I would go with the crystal gray, classy yet understated. I'm actually a blue guy myself; darker the better, but if blue isn't in the cards, the a charcoal gray is my #2.

Silver is the new beige?

I don't think silver is the new beige. Not that many around here

I agree with the blue showing water spots if it rains when the car is dusty. I ran through the car wash the other day and it was out of wash soap, so now my car looks like I basically just rinsed it off with a hose. Not a good look for any new car...

Would be the same with any darkish colour

I have the deep crystal blue with the black interior. I wanted the parchment originally as well, but it was just too white and I thought it would look bad in a few years. I wish they had a darker tan interior or light gray.

Anyway, I really like the blue, but it is dark. Several people have said they thought it was black until the sun hit it just right and the blue would show. If you keep it clean, it looks great, just like the black ones do. But if I could do it over again, I would get the machine gray. I finally got to see one in person, and it looks badass in my opinion. The red is obviously the best, but I don't like to draw that much attention when out and about and that red will definitely get noticed.:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 868
Choosing a color can be HARD ...
but I guess it really comes down to your PERSONALITY ...

Are you an Extrovert or an Introvert ?
Do you wish to Blend in with Traffic ? ( White , Silver , Grey , Black .. mono-tone )
Do you wish to have everyone's eyes on you ... ( RED , Blue , Dark Blue even ... )

Are you a High Maintenance person ( Black , Dark Blue , Blue , RED )
or LOW maintenance person ( Dark Grey , Silver , White) ?

I ended up buying a White car because there were no Silver CX-5 on the dealership lot
and Grey is NOT offered at all on the base "Sport" trim ... _ - _

Poor decision not offering all colours for all trim levels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would disagree with white. We had a white car that was left out in the street in the pollution and under trees. Very difficult to remove stains if not washed regularly. Much more noticeable close up too.

Also red & blue are more susceptible to showing water beads etc if the surface was already dusty and then it rained.
Totally agree with your comment on colors. Lighter color such as white doesn't mean it's low maintenance like silver! White car is high maintenance color like black. We buy silver all the time simply because it's the easiest to maintain and all the reasons you've mentioned!

Have a look at user dseag2 and their posts. They purchased a silver CX-5 and I am planning to do the same.

Hides dirt and grime better meaning less washes and in my eyes, gives the car a more expensive look.

I can never decide on a new color..hem and haw..then get white (again).
Don't. Have a look at a few colours at the dealership especially if they are parked outside. Then you can really see how it looks and stands in the elements

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We are really happy with our Eternal Blue but it does show dust. I like to keep it cleaned and sealed and waxed so it's not that big of a deal for us but it does show dirt before my Sonic Silver CX-9 does. I also find the Eternal Blue to be a bit of a chameleon as it looks different in different light and shade and environments. I even see a hint of purple in it in the right lighting. This color also looked much different in person than it did from any color I saw on websites. Make sure you see this one in person first - and move it from sun to shade if you are thinking Eternal Blue.

+1 on eternal blue but silver will be easiest (easier than white all day.) I like my old liquid in that its a deeper slightly darker silver..I'd probably bite the bullet on eternal blue or maybe pay up machine grey on new one though..bigtex's car looks sweet but that's work..NE winters its a PITA to keep it looking even halfway nice.

Last edited:

I've owned White, Red, Silver, Grey, Green (metallic jade), and Black cars. Black ram-air WS.6, White Z06. Both were a b**** to keep clean, as in, literally, drive 50 miles and it's filthy. Brake dust shows up like a boss on White, as does road tar, or dust, or hard stares it seems, lol. The easiest car I ever had to keep clean was silver. Dark metallic green and dark metallic grey were second to the silver, Black and White tied for the worst.

Interior-wise, Black leather is THE WAY TO GO as long as it won't get torn by the dogs nails.

Back