2017~2024 Finally took her out

It will weigh less than the CX-9. So same power/torque stats but with less weight equals the performance most drivers are wanting/craving.

Here's some figures

Well yea,thought it was obvious that's what I'm saying. Weight alone will pick up at least .6-.7 tenths in the qtr,and push the 0-60 into the mid 6's. Fine by me,and would finally achieve their motto,Zoom Zoom, because it sure as hell doesn't now. That,or it's time for a new motto...

Well yea,thought it was obvious that's what I'm saying. Weight alone will pick up at least .6-.7 tenths in the qtr,and push the 0-60 into the mid 6's. Fine by me,and would finally achieve their motto,Zoom Zoom, because it sure as hell doesn't now. That,or it's time for a new motto...

Sorry I misunderstood :(

Zoom zoom just doesn't apply for straight line speed, in their eyes it's a combination of get up and go plus handling that combined doesn't feel like you are driving a bland appliance

Sorry I misunderstood :(

Zoom zoom just doesn't apply for straight line speed, in their eyes it's a combination of get up and go plus handling that combined doesn't feel like you are driving a bland appliance
I also understand that,however,the cars lack power in the curves also. It takes power to overcome a mistake in the corner. It ain't happening in these cars,besides the MX-5,the wheelbase alone will help it.

Straight line performance is the least of my worries,drag racing is boring,but I do it for fun sometimes,and my Evo is one of a few that ran in the 10's on a stock turbo setup...

I also understand that,however,the cars lack power in the curves also. It takes power to overcome a mistake in the corner. It ain't happening in these cars,besides the MX-5,the wheelbase alone will help it.

Straight line performance is the least of my worries,drag racing is boring,but I do it for fun sometimes,and my Evo is one of a few that ran in the 10's on a stock turbo setup...

Fair points.

Think Mazda is happy with what they have at this time and unless lots of people speak up and demand more power (aka what happened with the initial CX-5 when it only came with a 2.0L), they will be continuing this way for a bit longer

Gassed up for the first time.

What's that?

07030772b072b1425f179222c353bd4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

So would I,if Mazda can keep me around long enough for it to happen...

So goodbye, because it is not going to happen. The vast majority of people that buy the CX-5 are older women and men that don't care one bit about the HP or the 0-60 times. This is a CUV. A CUV that handles better than most but still just a CUV. The diesel may sell because their are diesel people and they want the mileage. The market for a hot CX-5 is most likely limited to 10% of the people on these boards!

Last edited:
So goodbye, because it is not going to happen. The vast majority of people that buy the CX-5 are older women and men that don't care one bit about the HP or the 0-60 times. This is a CUV. A CUV that handles better than most but still just a CUV. The diesel may sell because their are diesel people and they want the mileage. The market for a hot CX-5 is most likely limited to 10% of the people on these boards!

How do you figure? Seems like it's marketed more towards the younger/middle-aged crowd.

I've got one foot out the door already,no worries...

How do you figure? Seems like it's marketed more towards the younger/middle-aged crowd.

I agree,however,he's kinda right,all I've met so far (passing while driving,etc) is Grannies and non-car enthusiast males who "I don't know anything about this car man,I just bought it because I liked it when I test drove it". However,that still doesn't mean it wouldn't sell,nor it won't happen,because the platform is already in place (like said diesel) and it would be easy to come to fruition...

From what I've seen, people who don't know anything about cars and just want something comfortable and reliable, go for Toyota or Honda first. My parents are that way, having been in Toyota vehicles for many years but now just got a new 2017 CR-V. People who care a little more about driving dynamics, handling, etc. go for the Mazda.

But again, just my observations.

From what I've seen, people who don't know anything about cars and just want something comfortable and reliable, go for Toyota or Honda first. My parents are that way, having been in Toyota vehicles for many years but now just got a new 2017 CR-V. People who care a little more about driving dynamics, handling, etc. go for the Mazda.

And, I totally agree with you,but so far,these have been my observations on the 5. It surprised me too to see so many older folks in them with the known harsher ride,however,some never get too old for great styling,and being a little different.

Personally, I think many people end up buying a Mazda because it can be had for much cheaper than the competition and they also like the handling and the looks. I think there are people who would buy a hot CX-5, but the numbers are a few and if it was a bust, it would be very rough on Mazda. I think Mazda has to play it safe. The diesel is a car that is basically already in production and sold all around the world. Bringing it to the USA is very different than coming up with a new model.

Last edited:
CRV Again? Thanks for hijacking this thread!

22abf0acac0db1ddad34dc8e817f1cf3.png

I fall into the demographic that likes cars because of their street persona. I really don't get wrapped up with 0-60 or 1/4 miles times. Both of my cars are the top models for their segment. (In BMWs case, without going crazy with the GTS or CS, to me it's a waste of money for what I want from my cars)

I haven't modded my M4 nor have I modded any of my CX-5s.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Back