2017~2024 Finally took her out

I think there are at least two reasons for this:
1. Cost
2. Reliability. Think about it. That would be one continuous piece of chromed plastic, literally stretching the entire width of the vehicle. It would be much easier to break.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thing is apparently the previous model was a one piece. So why change now (scratch) My comment was cost cutting aka since the rest are now 2 piece, might as well have it across the board

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes...we're done for a decade....unless I total this one. [emoji23]

The wife isn't a car person so this works out for me....I am. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I'm calling bluff on this one. Once that new engine comes in, you'll be in line. Couldn't blame you either. Surely since you cycled through the past couple years of the CX5 with minimal changes, a new engine platform would definitely hook you in.

I'm calling bluff on this one. Once that new engine comes in, you'll be in line. Couldn't blame you either. Surely since you cycled through the past couple years of the CX5 with minimal changes, a new engine platform would definitely hook you in.

Considering they also own an M4, I would say your comment might also apply to that as well :)

This annoys me. Why couldn't this be one piece?

a004f9eab79e1f414d21006c9aa40110.jpg
I'm not surprised to see this as Mazda would always pay attention to details ⋯ ;)

I'm more curious about how did you get Euro front license plate holding bracket? (uhm)

Love that rearview side mirror pic too!

No this is it for the wife who isn't a car person. She didn't want to get a new CX-5 but I talked her into it since she wanted to keep it forever. I wanted to "future-proof" it as much as possible.

The M4 provides the excitement when I want to get spirited. It's a once in a lifetime car for me. My next will probably be a X6 M-sport or a "standard" 6 series next time around. TBH, I see entry and egress out of a coupe as a problem as I get older.

I'm not surprised to see this as Mazda would always pay attention to details ⋯ ;)

I'm more curious about how did you get Euro front license plate holding bracket? (uhm)

Love that rearview side mirror pic too!

I never noticed the grille surround seam until I washed it the first time.

I mounted the Euro-plate onto the US bracket. I'm likely going to hop over to the German Dealership and get the mounting bracket for a cleaner look.

Thing is apparently the previous model was a one piece. So why change now (scratch) My comment was cost cutting aka since the rest are now 2 piece, might as well have it across the board

This piece (pieces) extend farther under the headlights towards the corners of the vehicle than the previous model. Before it was basically just a grille surround. Now it's like a full-width trim piece, which is probably the reason for having two separate pieces.

Yes...we're done for a decade....unless I total this one. [emoji23]

The wife isn't a car person so this works out for me....I am. [emoji23]

lol so you're in the Netherlands yes? Does your family cycle very much as opposed to driving?

Aside from cost-cutting, the other reason that could explain why they made that plastic bit 2 piece is for easier shipping. Well I guess that still falls under cost-cutting LOL.

Whether it is an attention to details issue is relative. You can look at it and say, "ha, they split it into 2, no attention to detail". Or you can look at how close the 2 pieces fit to each other to the point that they look 1 piece from afar and think "ha, that's attention to detail". All relative to your perspective.

No this is it for the wife who isn't a car person. She didn't want to get a new CX-5 but I talked her into it since she wanted to keep it forever. I wanted to "future-proof" it as much as possible.

The M4 provides the excitement when I want to get spirited. It's a once in a lifetime car for me. My next will probably be a X6 M-sport or a "standard" 6 series next time around. TBH, I see entry and egress out of a coupe as a problem as I get older

Well that's pretty awesome! No matter what car you drive in your house, you'll have some fun.

This piece (pieces) extend farther under the headlights towards the corners of the vehicle than the previous model. Before it was basically just a grille surround. Now it's like a full-width trim piece, which is probably the reason for having two separate pieces.
Fair enough

2017 cx 5

Have new 2017 CX 5, only 600 miles so far. Very nice and quiet compared to the 2015 CX 5 I traded in and the great new red color. It is a Touring model with Tec, but came without SiriusXM radio but after two week of working I now have Sirius working through the sound system using my Apple phone.

Have new 2017 CX 5, only 600 miles so far. Very nice and quiet compared to the 2015 CX 5 I traded in and the great new red color. It is a Touring model with Tec, but came without SiriusXM radio but after two week of working I now have Sirius working through the sound system using my Apple phone.

I don't even know if I have XM/Sirius radio! But I can't use it till I move back to the US

Even if they put the same motor in I'd bet that it's detuned to maintain separation in performance.

Separation of performance will be achieved by the weight difference of the vehicles alone. Tire size and wheel base are also different,so a small change in gearing may happen,however...

But yea,they can easily detune it to 225ish hp (adequate and what it should be right now imo), or they could push it to 275-300hp (they won't nor should they),but they easily could...

Last edited:
Even if they put the same motor in I'd bet that it's detuned to maintain separation in performance.

Don't think they would considering the didn't do that to the 2.5L which is in the 3,6 & CX-5.

Back