mazda 6 takuya 2011 vibrating/juddering when braking

mallyjames

:
mazda 6 takuya
hi to all from mallyjames.i have had the above car from new and never had any problems until i put two new tyres on.I needed two on the back;but decided to put the new ones onto the front(they do the most work)and put the front ones onto the rear.Since the changover I have had juddering when braking.I had the wheels balanced but it still judders when slowing down.Could it be the discs needing attention or replacing?Could it be a mis shaped tyre?The car passed its MOT after the change over so I dont think its the brakes.Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Mally

That sure sounds like warped rotors to me. I've heard that over torquing the lug nuts can warp rotors. Maybe they over torqued them when changing the tires.

Hand torque the nuts.
A torque wrench is very cheap these days.
90ft-lb to 110ft-lb would do just fine.

Hand torque the nuts.
A torque wrench is very cheap these days.
90ft-lb to 110ft-lb would do just fine.

Good luck getting the shops to do that. 99% of owners want nothing to do with turning a wrench on their cars.

I wonder how much of the damage from over torquing is done as you drive home from the shop. When I get back from a rotation (in the unlikely event I haven't done it myself) or alignment, first thing I do is loosen the lug nuts and re-tighten them correctly. But is the damage already done on the 5-mile drive home?

I agree. No shop will hand torque the nuts for you.
What can you do? Bring you torque wrench to the shop....?

Back