Rear passenger power window won't respond to master switch even after reset.

:
2010 Mazda5 Touring
Ok, I've had a few gremlins since owning my 5 but they've always been intermittent. The latest started a few months ago when the passenger side rear window wouldn't go up with the master switch, but would operate with the the door switch. Now the door switch won't operate the window either. So I tested the master switch and its iffy. I took off the panel and removed the motor. Before I took it to the parts store for a replacement, I tested it from the door switch, it worked. Then i tested it from the master switch, and again, it worked. I called the parts store and let them know I didn't need the motor. I re-installed the motor and panel and the master switch didn't work again. I did the whole reset procedure, even disconnecting the battery (which I first tried before any disassembly with no results), and it worked from the master switch... ONCE! So now I'm back to square one, but at least I know it's not the motor... I guess sometime in the future, I'll actually replace the switch.

I've got 3 power windows that don't work as of this summer (slowly / intermittently failing at the beginning) . I removed the motor on one of them and saw it operate fine in my hand. Bought a new regulator for $30 and fixed it. I suspect all the regulators are starting to get sticky and probably the same with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to rockauto.com to look it up. Copied the TYC part number and found it on Amazon with prime shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back