Cupholder/center pocket question.

arcaneex

:
Mazda protege5 99
So behind the cup holder there is the center pocket.
In my P5 it goes wavy like, it starts out wude then narrow, is there any way to remoce the center pocket plastic? I am asking because I replaced the head unit with a tablet, head unit is currently in the glove box. I am looking to relocate the head unit to the center pocket but it does not fit because of the narrow section.
Any ideas?

So behind the cup holder there is the center pocket.
In my P5 it goes wavy like, it starts out wude then narrow, is there any way to remoce the center pocket plastic? I am asking because I replaced the head unit with a tablet, head unit is currently in the glove box. I am looking to relocate the head unit to the center pocket but it does not fit because of the narrow section.
Any ideas?

Well I would just cut it up then. If you're worried about harming something or want to return it to stock sometime just go get an extra from a junk yard!

Please post pics of the tablet I'm really thinking about putting my iPad mini that's been sitting around in my dash.

If you take out the climate control unit you can see the top of that pocket you are talking about. In the 99' & 00' protege, that nook in very different (much bigger) I've thought about trying to switch them out. I don't really see anything blocking it, & it seems do-able. Only thing that might get in the way ; are the cables for the temp switch and the vent position switch.

Back