Just received New 2018 CX-9 Info from Dealer

Well, I'm buying either a 2018 CX-9 Sig with black exterior or a GT red with black interior. I've never been so jazzed about a vehicle. Mazda knows what they're doing, great car!

Welcome additions for U.S. market:

-power folding side mirrors
-full LED lighting inside/out (reverse, license plate, luggage compartment, rear turn signals, vanity) *GT and Signature trims have LEDs for internal lights except for vanity
-double-paned windows for the 2 rear passenger windows for added sound deadening
-improvements to the HUD (show volume up/down, radio stations, phone calls, etc) *Able to customize what can be shown
-front parking sensors/camera
-one-touch up/down automatic for all windows
-LED grill standard for GT trim
-lock/light fixture for glove box
-for keyless entry, remove the buttons on the doors and just have it be touch sensitive for all doors
-cooled seats

-full LED lighting inside/out (reverse, license plate, luggage compartment, rear turn signals, vanity) *GT and Signature trims have LEDs for internal lights except for vanity
-double-paned windows for the 2 rear passenger windows for added sound deadening
-improvements to the HUD (show volume up/down, radio stations, phone calls, etc) *Able to customize what can be shown
-for keyless entry, remove the buttons on the doors and just have it be touch sensitive for all doors
-cooled seats

Where on earth did this information come from? I haven't read a thing about any of these updates. Could you provide a source?

Granted these could be 'small' updates that may have been left out. If these updates are indeed true, I may just get the 2018 and of the slim picking of 2017s.

Last edited:

-cooled seats
If this is true, the CX-9 would jump to the top of my list.

Those will truly make me regret my '16. (not really, but sure will make me envious!)

Does any one know, if there is stop and go radar cruise control in 2018 CX-9? Mazda says Sports package include Stop and go. Can we assume that GT will also get full speed radar cruise?

Does any one know, if there is stop and go radar cruise control in 2018 CX-9? Mazda says Sports package include Stop and go. Can we assume that GT will also get full speed radar cruise?

If it's on the Sport trim, it'll most definitely be on the GT.

My local dealer had sent more up-to-date information on the 2018 changes. See the attachment.

2017to2018changes.jpg

Huh. You miss out on the extra sound deadening we get not to mention folding mirrors.
Even in US we should definitely have sound deadening. And mirror position should be recorded in the memory. Also, easy access to 3rd should also be there.

If it's on the Sport trim, it'll most definitely be on the GT.

Here in Cda the 2018s will get stop and go on radar cruise as long as it is equipped (GS-L w/tech pkg, GT & Sig) so likely US versions will also have it

Even in US we should definitely have sound deadening. And mirror position should be recorded in the memory. Also, easy access to 3rd should also be there.

No current model Mazda offers memory position for mirrors. So doubt it would be added.

Folding mirrors is easier since it's offered across the globe.

Did anyone else lease a 2017 at end of August/beginning of September and feel like they get hosed on the deal? I checked with 5 dealers in my area and every single one had the same lease pricing structure for 36 month/15k mile lease on GT AWD: 55% residual and 0.0004 MF plus $600 lease cash (all standard and determined by Mazda for top tier credit). All had additional $1500 discount applied. $0 down and every single dealer was within a couple of dollars of each other and none willing to budge at all.

Now the 2018 figures are out for September: 61% residual and 0.00161 MF. With current incentives even on 2018 models, that's effectively the same monthly payment for the newer model year with lots of additional features! What bugs me even more is that all 3 of the dealers I asked about the 2018 models all said that they would not be out until January 2018 as that is the release cycle for the CX-9. So either they all were lying in hopes of making a sale or were talking out of their asses. If I had known the 2018 models were arriving on lots within 2 weeks of taking delivery of my 2017 I obviously would have waited. Ugh. I've never had such a bad case of buyer's remorse before...

/rant & venting

Last edited:
I'm hoping things that might be a software upgrade (traffic sign monitoring, stop and go cruise) will be backported. (hey, I can dream too) Driver's seat tilt is one of my "wish I had it" features.

Surprise - auto dealers lie to make a sale. And there is always a newer model out there. At some time you have to fish or cut bait. I'm glad I didn't wait 9 months to get a newer CX-9, because I'vs had some great trips with it that would have sucked in my old car. Enjoy the moment.

No current model Mazda offers memory position for mirrors. So doubt it would be added.

Folding mirrors is easier since it's offered across the globe.

Why does the fact that they don't have it currently mean they won't add it? Given where the Signature trim competes, that feature SHOULD be standard. I believe that the 13-15 CX-9 had it, so it would seem pretty easy to bring it back.

Why does the fact that they don't have it currently mean they won't add it? Given where the Signature trim competes, that feature SHOULD be standard. I believe that the 13-15 CX-9 had it, so it would seem pretty easy to bring it back.
Because they made the decision not to offer it on any other model. Folding mirrors were first added to the CX-5 here then 6 followed by the 3 and now CX-9. It needs to be available on at least one current model before they start adding it to others. Logical progression

Surprise - auto dealers lie to make a sale.

And buyers are liars as they say in the trade. They lie on a trade value or price they received from another place to trick the dealer to not taking their offer. Whatever.

In any event, not all dealers lie to make a sale. Not a fair statement. He could have gotten a salesman who didnt know and assumed January since both 2016 and 2017 models were released in their respective calendar years.

Not jumping head over heals for the 18. Not enough to get me wishing I didnt have a 16.

Back