Just received New 2018 CX-9 Info from Dealer

Mazda USA had announced the 2018 CX 9.

https://goo.gl/zjKUAp

Upgrades that matters most to me.

• G Vectoring Control
  • Tilt function in driver seat
  • New color Soul Crystal Red

Last edited:
Mazda had announced 2500$ cashback on 2017 Mazda CX9s. With this cashback, I can easily get a CX9 GT AWD machine gray for less than 38K USD. 2018 CX 9 might be sold near it's MRP which is 43K. Is the 2018 upgrades worth for this 5K price difference?

Mazda had announced 2500$ cashback on 2017 Mazda CX9s. With this cashback, I can easily get a CX9 GT AWD machine gray for less than 38K USD. 2018 CX 9 might be sold near it's MRP which is 43K. Is the 2018 upgrades worth for this 5K price difference?
Depends on the individual

At this point, 2018 improvements are speculation. Your call--read the list above, and roll the dice if you think that list is reliable and you don't care about those upgrades.

At this point, 2018 improvements are speculation. Your call--read the list above, and roll the dice if you think that list is reliable and you don't care about those upgrades.

It should be close to our list since ours is already out and selling

The upgrades have been confirmed by Mazda in a press release.

The value of such features is as always, based on personal preference. Variety and selection is king in the consumer market.

Are there new color availabilities, especially in Signature trim, which today only comes in white,black, gray or silver? The Machine Grey is nice but we already have one similarly gray car and I would prefer the blue or even the Soul Crystal Red.

Are there new color availabilities, especially in Signature trim, which today only comes in white,black, gray or silver? The Machine Grey is nice but we already have one similarly gray car and I would prefer the blue or even the Soul Crystal Red.

Soul Red has been added here

I got mine GT for under 38K back in April. If you want to save $, then go with the 2017. The features I would really want from the 2018 are the heated front windshield and the front parking sensors...

I got mine GT for under 38K back in April. If you want to save $, then go with the 2017. The features I would really want from the 2018 are the heated front windshield and the front parking sensors...
Thanks Tiggs, Looks like you have got a great deal, several months before. Still my dealers have the colors that I wished. I don't know how long I can hold my desire for a CX 9:)

So still no mention of CarPlay or Android Auto support in the '18 model?

Most of the changes address my biggest pet peeves with this car (which are really quite minor)--wish my seat had the tilt function and 3rd row entry is a joke. The only thing still missing (besides CarPlay/AA) is linking the side view mirrors to the seat memory function (that should be a no brainer).

Mazda Canada has also announced the 2018 CX9 with a minor price inc on the base model but no inc on the GT and Signature trims...higher int rates though vs 2017s...improvements also same as highlighted in US versions

10-way driver seat, 8-way passenger seat, GVC, heated 2nd row seats, front & rear park sensors, heated front wiper rest area, full speed radar cruise (stop & go) and traffic sign recognition...no more $1600 safety pkg available on GT trim but new $900 safety pkg available on GS-L...SCBS, BSM & RCTA now standard on base models

What do you guys think of the new soul red crystal color?

soulredcrystal1.jpg
soulredcrystal2.jpg
soulredcrystal3.jpg

I think it RAWKS. 👍👍
Typically, I like red only on smaller sized cars. However, the sporty body of the newer CX-9 seems to work with red. To me, the CX-9 appears smaller than it really is.

I love this color in the CX-5, especially it is more elevated by the black alloy wheels. I like it in CX-9 as well.

I got the Soul Red on my 2017 and its amazing. My wife's Mazda 6 is Soul Red as well. My last cx9 was the meteor gray, and the red is a HUGE improvement - especially in the sunlight!

Back