Just received New 2018 CX-9 Info from Dealer

No buyer's remorse here...sure would have preferred the upcoming improvements like the 2nd row heated seats, Stop and go radar CC and front park sensors but all the others am okay without...put it simply - not deal breakers to me. Still satisfied with my 2017 Sig trim...the other thing to consider is once you've bought a vehicle don't look back and compare to the upcoming model yrs as we all know the newer MY will always have improvements and that's what car manufacturers do...they always try to improve something vs prev MY. Having this mentality will never satisfy you with what you have. For people who always want newer cars then that's why there are leases available like 2-3 yrs.

Because they made the decision not to offer it on any other model. Folding mirrors were first added to the CX-5 here then 6 followed by the 3 and now CX-9. It needs to be available on at least one current model before they start adding it to others. Logical progression

By that logic, they could never add new features that aren't currently offered in any other vehicle. Taking your argument, why can the CX-9 be the first model to offer it; then it becomes a "current" feature that could be added to other models. You have to start somewhere....

By that logic, they could never add new features that aren't currently offered in any other vehicle. Taking your argument, why can the CX-9 be the first model to offer it; then it becomes a "current" feature that could be added to other models. You have to start somewhere....
Seems they are doing this. All depends on how important they see it.
I do think they need to start somewhere. It would be great if the CX-9 would have this feature first but I don't believe it's a big enough issue to add this option. Not really that hard to adjust ones mirrors

Last edited:
And “buyers are liars” as they say in the trade. They lie on a trade value or price they received from another place to trick the dealer to not taking their offer. Whatever.

In any event, not all dealers lie to make a sale. Not a fair statement. He could have gotten a salesman who didn’t know and assumed January since both 2016 and 2017 models were released in their respective calendar years.

Not jumping head over heals for the 18. Not enough to get me wishing I didn’t have a 16.

Never heard the term "buyers are liars"...and it makes no sense.

No dealer has ever been "tricked" into taking an offer...they "take/make" whatever offer makes financial sense. Saying they do is absolutely ludicrous.

The fact a salesman's for a factory dealer does not the current info means he is not doing his job. Sadly this is often the case.

In this day and age, there is a ton of info out there...much more than before. It levels the market. I've dealt with dozens of dealers on multiple car purchases. In my experience, they add zero value. Better to use a volume broker and just be done with the hassle. But people value their time differently, as well as how much they want to research something. C'est la vie.

So 2018's have arrived at dealers. So glad Mazda caught up to the proper timeline for model year changeover. I plan on buying in a few weeks during my vacation and wanted the 2018.

I still can't find any interior pics online showing the changes (the new controls for rear heated seats for example). There's improvements to the rear seat movement, I wonder if there's any visual difference. If anyone finds some that would be great.

What's weird is that dealers are showing 2018 inventory and yet the Mazda website and all sites such as Edmunds and Car.com only show up to 2017. Usually the literature is up before the cars arrive at dealers. What's the deal?

Got a great deal on a 2017 CX-9 GT in Pearl White this weekend!!

- MSRP (incl. Destination Fee): $43,410
Opted for Mazda's 0.9% for 60 months financing (take $2,000 off for cash purchase)
- Total Discounts: $5,242 (includes $500 Owner Loyalty discount)
- Discounted Offer: $38,168
- Taxes & Fees: $4,113
- Out The Door Price: $42,481

Had Roof Racks (the cross bars, the roof rails come with the GT trim) thrown in and installed, so that's worth about $300-400 more off.

So, had I gone for standard financing (which offers to discounted price, but you end up paying more in the end due to interest) my discounted price would have been $36,168..and then another $300-400 off for the free installed roof racks....so about $35,768.

Never heard the term "buyers are liars"...and it makes no sense.

No dealer has ever been "tricked" into taking an offer...they "take/make" whatever offer makes financial sense. Saying they do is absolutely ludicrous.

The fact a salesman's for a factory dealer does not the current info means he is not doing his job. Sadly this is often the case.

In this day and age, there is a ton of info out there...much more than before. It levels the market. I've dealt with dozens of dealers on multiple car purchases. In my experience, they add zero value. Better to use a volume broker and just be done with the hassle. But people value their time differently, as well as how much they want to research something. C'est la vie.

I can tell youve never worked in the car business. Its a very popular phrase, and yes, it happens where people do/have said they can get something elsewhere in hoping the dealer takes the deal. There are times where the dealer doesnt want to lose the sale after work has been invested into making the sale, and sometimes those are emotional decisions are not smart financial ones.

It is sad in this day that sales people dont know product or the pipeline. I agree. That should be for every industry. Unfortunately, you will always have a mixed bag.

I have been around the car business enough to know that the dealers know each other. If a customer says "x", they have a good idea if that's true. It's not in an dealers interest to sell (long-term) in an unprofitable manner. No business stays in business by following it's emotions. And they know what sunk cost is, and will quickly drop a customer who is wasting their time. Same is true in real estate, which is just a car sale on a macro scale and 100x worse.

I have been around the car business enough to know that the dealers know each other. If a customer says "x", they have a good idea if that's true. It's not in an dealers interest to sell (long-term) in an unprofitable manner. No business stays in business by following it's emotions. And they know what sunk cost is, and will quickly drop a customer who is wasting their time. Same is true in real estate, which is just a car sale on a macro scale and 100x worse.

Being around and being in are two different things.

I hate real estate and that whole process. Buyers/sellers never meet and way too much behind the scenes nonsense. Correct, 100x worse.

I did learn one very interesting tid-bit of information from the guy who I was dealing with at the dealership. Mazda, along with a number of other manufacturers, have finally come to an agreement for Apple CarPlay. He said that it should be announced fairly soon, and that 2016 and newer models will be able to get a software update to enable the feature. As an Android user I asked about Android Auto, he didn't have anything official to say, but expected it to follow soon if CarPlay was being introduced.

Being around and being in are two different things.

I hate real estate and that whole process. Buyers/sellers never meet and way too much behind the scenes nonsense. Correct, 100x worse.

Actually, anyone in business with big ticket items knows it's all the same with buyers and sellers. Been there, done that.

We agree on real estate though, so I'll buy a beer on that one!

Just put down a deposit for a 2018 CX-9 GT Titanium Flash Mica. Settled at $50,320.46CAD all-in. MSRP all-in was $51,577.31CAD so I got a reasonable discount. Picking up in two weeks.

Wish they added more content/graphics to it, looks like they just copy and pasted from before

Since it's a minor refresh, pretty much the previous website can be used with just feature updated etc

Back