Roof trim?

CrazyDannyPRD

:
Protege5
Need help finding trim to fit the seems of the oem roof rack after it has been removed, does anyone have a clue? IMG_0877.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it for a P5? I have a post up at the sale section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I get the clips you stick onto the car to secure the strips? I'm in the process of swapping out the rack and the stealership gave me the wrong clips.

If its the link for the strips,could you post it here? I had/have the the caps that filled the area where the hard plastic caps fit in place of the rack when you remove the crossbars.but that plastic is nearly dead and crumbling.It has only lasted about 4 years and was not cheap from the dealer.
If you have a link for something to fill the channel instead front to back it would be awesome!
Thanks.

Last edited:
If its the link for the strips,could you post it here? I had/have the the caps that filled the area where the hard plastic caps fit in place of the rack when you remove the crossbars.but that plastic is nearly dead and crumbling.It has only lasted about 4 years and was not cheap from the dealer.
If you have a link for something to fill the channel instead front to back it would be awesome!
Thanks.

Hey sorry for the late reply sadly I have no helpful links. What I did was removed the whole roof rack from the inside of the roof liner to the outside. It left holes but that's fine, I ordered ten roof clips from an OEM Mazda parts dealer online after that I went to a Mazda dealer and ordered roof MOLDINGS for the gaps where the roof each used to be. Some people call them roof trim but I found out they are moldings. I actually went the expensive route but that was just preference. Any other information just msg me my man!

The filler strips and hardware is going to run about $200 from a dealer or around $100 here on the forum for used parts. If you get lucky and find an 03.5 at a junkyard with the roof rack delete you can get them for a few bucks.

Back