CX5-Lost item inside vent

First attempt at the snake camera didnt work but car currently outside and its very bright and freaking hot. Going to try again tonight in the garage. Looking at some diagrams I found I am hoping it might be sitting at the airflow mode door under those vents. I am assuming that door would be closed unless I decided to turn on the dash air? Havent done that since winter.
You have a Touring with manual HVAC so you can have total control on those airflow directional doors. If you have a diagram showing all of those door locations inside of the air duct main body that should help you to track the possible location the ring is falling into. Hope you can spot the ring with snake camera then decide what to do next.

Frodo's advice Re: Missing Ring

"We keep it hidden. We never speak of it again. No one knows it's here, do they? Do they Gandalf?"

Last edited:
Did you tell the wife yet? I would have gone to the dealer immediately.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for Mango to come on here and tell us this never would have happened in a CR-V.

CRV owner would make sure ring would never ever come off til death do us part. CX-5 owner keeps it loose because life changes quickly. ;-)

Back