Dealer added observation

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I was at my local Mazda dealer having the rear struts for the lift gate replaced under warranty and, decided to see if there was much changed in the 2017 CX5 compared to my 2014 CX5. I checked the manufactures white sheet on the rear window and see a $175 pin-strip charge and a $1,450 dealer added charge. I guess the dealers must think there are enough customers who pay for the extra charges that they put them on and, for someone like me, they think they can use it a a bargaining tool. I usually go to a dealer with EDMUNDs or CU info on what the dealer pays minus 2-3% hold-back and bargain up.
Ed

Sounds like those $41k Miata RF's in some areas due to a "dealer market adjustment" price added on. ;)

Over here, that sort of stuff sounds like part of our dealer delivery charges

I was at my local Mazda dealer having the rear struts for the lift gate replaced under warranty and, decided to see if there was much changed in the 2017 CX5 compared to my 2014 CX5. I checked the manufactures white sheet on the rear window and see a $175 pin-strip charge and a $1,450 dealer added charge. I guess the dealers must think there are enough customers who pay for the extra charges that they put them on and, for someone like me, they think they can use it a a bargaining tool. I usually go to a dealer with EDMUNDs or CU info on what the dealer pays minus 2-3% hold-back and bargain up.
Ed

Thats ridiculous. Fortunately no dealers around here play that game anymore.

theres some guy over here who paid 29 grand USD out of door for a 17 sport. I hope he got every accessory under the sun.

Around me all the dealers do it. $1400 for nitrogen in tires and a clear coat, which you can actually tell has not been applied...

$29k for a Sport?

Sounded high, so I had to look stuff up. CX-5 Sport AWD in SRC with no options is $26880 including destination. Add your typical dealer garbage fees for doc prep and title ~$500. Sales taxes (state + local) can be up to 10%, and 8+% is common in a lot of places, so that could be $2200-2700. If the dealer got him plates and had to pay a vehicle excise tax to register it, that could be another $500-1000 depending on locale. Add all that up and it's $30-31k before considering options or dealer discounts. Add a couple of options and assume a modest discount of $2-2.5k and the $29k OTD price checks out. OTD price depends so much on where you purchase it.

$29k for a Sport?

Sounded high, so I had to look stuff up. CX-5 Sport AWD in SRC with no options is $26880 including destination. Add your typical dealer garbage fees for doc prep and title ~$500. Sales taxes (state + local) can be up to 10%, and 8+% is common in a lot of places, so that could be $2200-2700. If the dealer got him plates and had to pay a vehicle excise tax to register it, that could be another $500-1000 depending on locale. Add all that up and it's $30-31k before considering options or dealer discounts. Add a couple of options and assume a modest discount of $2-2.5k and the $29k OTD price checks out. OTD price depends so much on where you purchase it.

NelsonLewis will buy 1 and a half Tourings for 29K OTD.

I purchased my second cx5 in Punta Gorda a 17 Gt and never paid the dealer ad on we worked off the factory sticker . Using the same salesman. He made it easy. jz.

Back