2007 rx8 P0300 help, odd reason for problem starting

EcksButton

:
Rx8
Bought a used rx8 from some dumb kid, I say that because when I bought it, it ran for about 3 days then the after market oil cooler he put in had a hose come lose and dumb all the oil...now the P0300 code come up...I just changed the coils and it's still happening...should I continue to go down the normal list or does anyone have better ideas of what might have happened and how I could possibly fix it? Thank you for your time if you do end up reading this...

How does the engine run? did you check the spark plugs?

Didn't check the plugs yet...she starts fine but after idling a for about a minute feels like she wants to die out...I changed the coils because at first the code said second cylinder misfire but now it's random misfire

Was it running when it dumped the oil?

Sound like you have a weak compression motor. (sadbanana)

Sorry for the late update, I work the graveyard shift and long hours...

I was driving on the freeway when it dumped the oil...hose came lose cause guy I bought it from didn't tighten it down enough...walked about 2 miles to a gas station and back...I actually put 10w-40 in when I got back to the car (4 in the morning so no one wanted to stop and help) started the car and the oil dumped again, found out after getting home I put the wrong oil, though it was only in there for a second. After the oil dumped again is when I found the lose hose...towed it back to my house and started cleaning the intake...car starts and then after about a minute starts sputtering then revs itself back up just to die down and sputter again...

If it is a compression problem would you be able to tell me what I can do to fix it?

Sometimes the rotor Apex seals can be decarbonized with a special cleaning treatment. However most of the time the only thing that can be done is to disassemble the engine and rebuild the motor.

Back