Platypus "no-drill" License Plate Mount for Mazda CX-5 2013-2017

Sorry, but to my eye the off-center mount just looks ridiculous. Seems like some inventive soul could come up with a way to "lash" the plate to the horizontal black plastic below the grill on the 2017.

Can somebody post some possible installation options for the front license plate of the 2017 CX-5. It seems to be an issue with dealers here as they simply handover the plates without installing it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Here's my solution, it's not for everyone.

My state requires a front plate but it seems that most LEOs here don't care too much about this. I don't put a front plate on any of my vehicles and have been driving that way for over 30 years. Not a word from any LEO, ever.

YMMV

Ppl pay 80 dollars for a license plate holder? I assume they get windshield wipers for 150 then.

Here's my solution, it's not for everyone.

My state requires a front plate but it seems that most LEOs here don't care too much about this. I don't put a front plate on any of my vehicles and have been driving that way for over 30 years. Not a word from any LEO, ever.

YMMV
Been doing this in Calif for 50 years with same result!

Sorry, but to my eye the off-center mount just looks ridiculous. Seems like some inventive soul could come up with a way to "lash" the plate to the horizontal black plastic below the grill on the 2017.

agreed, looks ridiculous,

I would just suck it up and drill holes and secure to bumper,

in New York City, they don't mess around, they will stop you for no front plates and for dark tints

(new NY tint law now, can't pass state inspection if you have tints) tinting shops closing business now left and right,

darkest allowed is 70% which is basically OEM

Last edited:
Back