Larger tires on stock rims

Protege11435

:
Hi. I think my 2001 Protege has 185/65 14 tires on it. Will slightly wider tires, lower profile tires fit? Any suggestions on what tires to get?

Thank you!

I think it is fairly safe for you to go to a 195/60/14 which is very close in overall diameter (23.21 inches) compared to your stock size (23.46 inches). Kumho makes a "SENSE" tire that is all-season.
If you prefer an "Extreme Performance Summer" tire, Falken has the "AZENIS RT615K+" tires.

To go even lower profile tires you can go to a 205/50/16 (24 inch overall diameter) and 16 inch wheels. See/call www.tirerack.com for tire choices for that size.

Hi. I think my 2001 Protege has 185/65 14 tires on it. Will slightly wider tires, lower profile tires fit? Any suggestions on what tires to get?

Thank you!

the maximum tire you can fit on your 6 inch rim is 195, would not go past that. you can get a thinner sidewall, but the gap may look silly.

honestly, I would scour the classifieds like kijiji or craigslist and look for some performance 16 inch rims and tires for your car. you can find a great deal there.

Back