2017 CX-9 GS-L AWD DIY/Mods?

andre6_

:
Mazda CX-9 GS-L 2017 AWD
Hello All,

I have purchased a 2017 CX-9 GS-L for almost a month now. Wondering if there is any DIY or Mods available for it. Here is my pros and cons on it so far:

PROS:
(1) Most fuel efficient for a 7 seater gasoline engine.
(2) Does not feel or drive like a 7 seater.
(3) Has that wow effect and I'm a first time Mazda owner.

CONS:
(1) No 3rd row seat air vent - my kids are always complaining it is too HOT - whoever designed left it out? I'm worry about Winter now as the kids will freeze sitting on 3rd row OMG.
(2) No 3rd row seat speaker - this I think maybe because I have a low model - what a biatch. Any mods?
(3) For a long vehicle no front or read sensors - found out higher end has rear sensors - Any mods?
(4) The two USBs in the centre console does not charge phone. Made for USB drive or maybe for iPod music.

I just ordered a USB fan for the 3rd row seat. Seriously all the other 7/8 seaters have it available. Mazda really drop the balls on this for design. Who would have thought I need to buy a fan for a brand new car LOL.

Since my DRL uses the headlight, I had to pulled the fused so it does not come on. I have ordered some DRL LED so to have it run as DRL. Need any advice/help on how to wire it up so when the engine starts the DRL comes on or even better when the e-brake is off then it comes on.

Looking for some nice all weather floor mats if anyone could point me in the right direction. Found some online but they go for about $300 roughly for the complete set I think 8 pieces.

Almost into a month of driving and I am averaging about 10.3L/100KM. Hoping that it will go lower as per spec when it breaks in more.

Anyone know if there is any MODS or DIY available for it? Probably still too early? I thought it is very similar to the 2016 model which is over a year now.

Is there anyway to remove the headrest on the third row seats? It is blocking my view from the rear view mirror and my kids are on carseats so it is useless.

Issues so far:
(1) TPMS light came on twice while driving on the highway at around 100km/hr. I check the tire pressure on all four wheels and they are all at 48. On the driver door it says 44 so I drop all four to 46. It happen once more and I reset the TPMS again.
(2) Rain Sensing wiper option is not the best buy good to have since it comes with the car. Sometimes it wipes when its not need and does not wipe when I really wanted it to.
(3) Is it the colour white or does the car attract bugs on the front and dirt on the size like a magnet. I had to wipe it down all the time to keep it clean.
(4) The two USBs in the centre console does not charge anything. The power most likely is too low and it DOES NOT charge my iPhone 5. How will it charge any bigger phone? There is 2.1Amps at the second row seat only.
(5) My average MPG is at 10.2L/100KM so far. I am not getting the expected 8.8L/100KM?
(6) Its almost one year and there is many tree/sap rust looking dots on the paints all over the car. (cheap paint?)
(7) There is many stone chips around the car side and especially the front. (crappy paint?)

MODS:
(1) Installed DashCam - took power from the Sun Roof by hot wiring it. The DashCam is installed from the top behind the rear view mirror and left side of rain sensing sensors.
(2) Installed door moulding white on the four doors. This way if someone opens it will not ding the side of the door or damage someone else's car. I find the door opens wide and they are huge.
(3) Tinted the driver side and passenger side window with 20% ceramic tint. The colour almost matches the rear factory tint. It looks almost a little lighter than the rear since I have a white interior.
(4) Replaced the front dome light with white LED's and second row dome light with white LED's as well. Did not change third row dome light or trunk light as it was giving me a hard time and I almost crack the housing.
(5) Trying to hack my MZD but unfortunately I updated to the latest version V59.00.502 so the hack is no longer working.
(6) Installed two USB ports hot wired to the fusebox just under the steering wheel so that I could charge my phone.
(7) Upgraded the MZD firmware from v59.00.502NA to v59.00.545NA. Everything is operational and boot time is much faster.

Last edited:
Back