Looking for parts

:
02 Protege5, 03 Protege5
I'm new here so hello. I just purchased a 02 protg5 and I am in need of a few pieces. I am just south of Atlanta Georgia. I am looking for roof rack delete caps or unbroken plastic pieces for the cross bars. also need the long plastic
pieces that sit against the roof that the cross bars attach to. Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck

Last edited:
Roof rack Delete caps are for sale in the for sale section quite often and the seats I would rip from a junk one.

Idk about anyone else but all the prots that are near me have incredible interiors.

I am also looking for unbroken plastic pieces for the cross bars. Going to hit the dealership next. :(

The roof plastics always break on the P5s, all that sun bakes them. I've tried removing them at JYs without breaking them and it's impossible.

I have a set of complete cross bars from my old P5 that were removed back in 03 and have been in a garage ever since, but shipping would not make it worth it.

I got lucky and car-part.com sent me to a salvage yard in KY that had good one. Shipped for less than 100.00 with plastics and bolts.

That's a great deal for the caps. If I hadn't found the full delete strips I would buy those filler caps.

I am on a first name basis (and get a good discount) with my local Mazda Parts counter - 5 of our 6 cars are Mazdas (3 Miatas, 2017 CX-9 and a new-to-us-this-week 2003 Protoge 5) - and I see them all the time for replacement bits. I just went by there today and ordered the front L&R top covers, but the front bottoms and the rear top and bottoms are no longer available from Mazda.

Back