Worst car to take to the Drive In Movie Theater?

If you take the Mazda, make sure to use the switch above the windshield to disable the interior lights. That was the really annoying part and really what prompted my rant. Car shut off AND the lights came on? Grrr. I was actually surprised how quick the sound returned upon pressing the button again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not sure what fancy town you had but we had to roll the window down to hang a speaker on the inside.

Not sure what fancy town you had but we had to roll the window down to hang a speaker on the inside.

Those were high quality speakers too, weren't they? Every third word was clear as a bell. (wiggle)

Those speakers were dual purpose items. You had to vent the car anyways and it helped block any sounds you might not want others to hear coming from inside. Didn't matter that it sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher nobody was there for the movie anyways.

LOL. They ditched those things years ago. Not exactly silicon valley here (NE Ohio).

Can you manually turn off the display to prevent this from happening? It's the powering of that LCD that draws a lot of power I'd assume.

In MZD connect setting you can set it to blank

From the '16 owners manual p. 4-2:
Do not leave the ignition switched ON while the engine is not running. Doing so could result in the battery going dead. If the ignition is left in ACC (For automatic transaxle, the shift lever is in the P position, and the ignition is in ACC), the ignition switches off automatically after about 25 minutes.

So if you parked, set the EPB, left it in neutral and shut it off, the timer should not take effect. Worth a shot.

When I go to the drive-in, I always use over the ear FM headsets, sound quality is pretty good and blocks out other noise. Plus side is I don't have to worry about running my battery down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done a lot of drive in movies. Never had battery issues. Unless your battery is close to death, you should never have a problem.
Sounded pretty awesome over the Bose, gotta admit.

Must have missed my reply. I tried it. Car still shut off.

Looks like Mazda preservation wins in the end

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi to all,
I wish I can share any experience going to the drive-in movies, but none here in Long Island, but on my younger years I got my share of paying but not watching in regular movie theaters, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been to one lately? Do any still have those speakers?

what is this "drive-in theater" you speak of, I am not familiar with this term.
no really, I've never been to one.

2 movies for what a regular theater costs and way cheaper concessions.
5857f2c4b422ba7e912c9e573e92bede.jpg

Back