mazda 3 flashing dash lights, won't start

superwil

:
Mazda 3 2006
Mazda 3 2006 79000 original miles, Battery was replaced recently, so it has a new battery, Once driven it started to act up. Idle would act when stopping, so I was reading in the posts and it mentioned something about cleaning the Throttle Body, which I did, Once finished I hooked everything back up and tried to start it, and that's when the lights in the dashboard started flashing and clicking noises, I thought it was an electrical short of some kind, called a friend mechanic, told me that there might be a safety switch somewhere, never found it, anyways left everything hooked up, an hour later the car started perfectly, drove it stopped, parked, etc,, drove it again the next day, stopped to get the mail, put it in park, turned it off, tried to start it again and then it started with the flashing lights again, left the car there, picked it up 10 minutes later and started right up no problems, took it out again today, went to the store, came back and again flashing lights clicking noises, waited 10 minutes and fine again, came home and the car is starting up perfectly again, I am afraid it is going to happen again. Does anybody have any recommendations on what to do? Battery reading is Perfect, It is a new battery...One other thing I should mention, the car only has one (1) key and it is not the Electronic one with the buttons, It's just the key to open the door and star up the car...Please help...

Can't answer your question per-se, but a family member had a similar problem with a UK 2006 Ford Focus (weren't Ford & Mazda good buddies around then?). The dash lights were intermittently flashing and the dash displayed an EAC arror (electronic accelerator control IIRC). An auto electrician diagnosed and made a repair to the instrument cluster, and the problem hasn't returned in the 2 years since.

Alan, Thank you for the advice, I will look into it, however I took it to Auto Zone, nothing wrong when the computer was tested, someone mentioned the Camshaft Gear Sensor, I have been driving it, No issues yet, I am afraid it may happen again at some point...

I am new to the 3 world, but I do know these cars are supposed to have a transponder chip embedded in the key to prevent theft. Have you always driven it with the key you are currently using?

if you had 2 keys there's a programming sequence you could, but DONT do this unless you can find the second key or it may end up without any keys programmed, since it needs a min of 2. A dealer can program a new key(s) however with the Mazda software. The transponder on the key is embedded in the plastic part of the key itself, not the remote fob. Leave the immobilizer light flashing fast for a minute or two, then count the number of flashes. There will be two digits, given like this: 12 would be one flash, followed by a longer pause, then two flashes closer together. It then repeats this several times. There are about 15 different codes, and they all start with 1 or 2. This code may help indicate exactly why the immobilizer is not working right.

Back