CX-9 has won virtually every comparison test

You mean powertrain? No automaker would ever do a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper, they'd be out of business in no time.

Warranties that matched Hyundai and Kia's would be a big jolt to their sales. It worked big time in growing the Koreans into a powerhouse. Most would never have bought their cars without the big warranty put in place years back. Thing is, I don't think Mazda wants to be that big. They are happy being a small company.
I still don't understand when people says Mazda is "small" and they don't want to sell too much etc.

I live in Mexico city and see almost no or just 1 or 2 cx9 but I see about 200 - 300 Mazdas daily between cx5 and Mazda 3 cars... they sell A Lot!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

I still don't understand when people says Mazda is "small" and they don't want to sell too much etc.

I live in Mexico city and see almost no or just 1 or 2 cx9 but I see about 200 - 300 Mazdas daily between cx5 and Mazda 3 cars... they sell A Lot!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Mazda sells plenty, but they're still small. 15th in the world by volume. Suzuki somehow sells twice as many and they aren't even in the US anymore.

Mazda sells plenty, but they're still small. 15th in the world by volume. Suzuki somehow sells twice as many and they aren't even in the US anymore.

The rest of the world buys very differently than North America (USA in particular). As an example, Honda (12th overall) sales are dismal in Australia compared to Mazda (second overall behind Toyota).

When I test drove the Highlander, the salesman was pushing the reliability angle. "I see this as a vehicle for your family for the next ten plus years." Said something like this repeatedly. It is a good point, there is validity to this. IMO Mazda is more aggressive than Toyota in utilizing new technology in its cars, that can be both good and bad.. time will tell. For example I think the 3.5 Toyota is still port injected, and some people actually prefer that.. meanwhile the CX5 has pistons shaped like ashtrays and a maze exhaust manifold.

I see an awful lot of Mazdas locally in socal, but from the numbers I guess this is not representative of the country or world. I mean there are TONS of them here. I could see them being unsalable in areas where there are no dealers near by.

Yeah, sales are very dependant on dealer networks. There's plenty of areas where there's no Mazda dealer within a reasonable distance. Toyota has approximately twice the dealerships in the US over Mazda. For me, both are 7 minutes away from me.

Absolutely. Highlander is 500,000 miles and 20+ years material though.

People sell Toyota on that stuff but cars can vary. My parents had their Avalon for close to 20 years without an issue. Barely drove the thing but lasted forever. Both our Sienna mini-vans were very un-reliable. The powertrain was fine but sliding doors and electronics were a nightmare. Personally, based upon my experience, I am hesitant to buy a Toyota again.

Back