Do You Love Your Mazda? Ditch That 0W-20 Oil!!!

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
Thought I would share my experience switching from the Castrol 0w-20 garbage to Liqui-Moly 5w30. the engine felt much more refined. it ran 10x quieter and smoother then before, no more valvetrain clatter! just the smooth ticking sound of the DI. it revs smoother and overall feels much more solid then before. oil consumption has dropped from 1L every 9000KM to 1L every 15,000+KM.

overall, highly recommend you do this if you live in a hot climate or drive the car hard. your con rod bearings will thank you...

Thought I would share my experience switching from the Castrol 0w-20 garbage to Liqui-Moly 5w30. the engine felt much more refined. it ran 10x quieter and smoother then before, no more valvetrain clatter! just the smooth ticking sound of the DI. it revs smoother and overall feels much more solid then before. oil consumption has dropped from 1L every 9000KM to 1L every 15,000+KM.

overall, highly recommend you do this if you live in a hot climate or drive the car hard. your con rod bearings will thank you...
5w30 instead of 5w20?

Because I've got a dozen clattering teeth chattering away under the hood of my 3.7l.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5w30 instead of 5w20?

Because I've got a dozen clattering teeth chattering away under the hood of my 3.7l.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My car is specc'ed for 0w20, I switched to 5w30 with great results.

5w20 isnt too bad, but if you want to quiet down your engine, 5w30 wont hurt. hell you can even go 5w40 with no issues since you live in a hot climate. the rattling/ticking sound you hear under the hood is mainly just the injectors (provided your engine is in good shape) but a good qualiy 5w30 will certainly make a difference.

the best oils from my experience were:

liqui moly
motul
amsoil
redline
shell rotella

good luck

Last edited:
by mazda moly, do you mean liqui moly?

your cx-5 is in liquid silver? nice!!! our mazda 6 is in the same colour. very beautiful paint.

Yeah... that's the color. I like it too!

On the moly... the stock Mazda oil has moly it in too.

41HX1rgZMOL.jpg

Mazda's new propriety 0W-20 GF-5 with Moly

personally, I am never going to put 0w-20 into my car again. after noting how great the car began to run to and perform with 5w30, i will never go back.

Back