So many codes..... (wife's '08 5 hates me)

dpaton

:
2008 Mazda5 Sport
My wife came home with the dreaded 'engine light came on' statement. Dragged my old laptop and the ELM327 out there and got the following:

p0043 B1S3 heater low
p0201 Inj 1 didn't return high after activation
p0030 B1S1 heater malfunction
c0700 CANBUS failure (may be c0070 Right Front ABS Solenoid #1 Circuit Malfunction)
p0134 B1S1 no activity

It looks like O2 #1 is toast. I checked the connector and the harness. Both seemed fine.
I didn't crawl under to check O2 #3, which I believe is after the cat, correct?
Not sure about injector 1. That may be related to the O2 codes, or it could be causing them. A stuck injector will do that.
The C0700/0070 thing is one I'm curious about. There have been posts about ELM327s doing strange things with that code.

And of course, this is literally a day and a half before we're supposed to take it on a 1600 mile road trip. Ugh. All I wanted to do was change the oil.

Any help you can give is appreciated. I'm more of a Honda guy. I'm still learning about these cars.

Since it's been 2 months did you get all the fixes figured out for each code? Hard to imagine they all popped up at once.

Upstream O2 is on order finally. $ is tight.

In the mean time, P3422 has shown up. Cyl 3 exhaust valve control. That doesn't make much sense for this engine.

Back