Parts protege5?

Jfunk

:
02 protege5 5spd- wrecked rip. 03 protege5 5spd (parts)
Ok guys I need opinions. I think that I'm about to pull the trigger on a red 2003 protege5 that I found on as a "parts" car. The car has 145000km with some typical protege rust, and minimal hail damage on the hood and roof. It's loaded, with leather seats, sunroof, and a good ole 5spd manual. The only thing thats missing is the drivers seatbelt, and that it comes on steelies. So I texted the guy and he says he wants 400$ Canadian for the thing. He claims it runs, drives and shifts very good. I'm going to look at it tmrw. Any opinions/ recommendations/suggestions? Should I do it?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Ok guys I need opinions. I think that I'm about to pull the trigger on a red 2003 protege5 that I found on as a "parts" car. The car has 145000km with some typical protege rust, and minimal hail damage on the hood and roof. It's loaded, with leather seats, sunroof, and a good ole 5spd manual. The only thing thats missing is the drivers seatbelt, and that it comes on steelies. So I texted the guy and he says he wants 400$ Canadian for the thing. He claims it runs, drives and shifts very good. I'm going to look at it tmrw. Any opinions/ recommendations/suggestions? Should I do it?

I mean I'd sure as hell jump on that! Just make sure he didn't toast the clutch. Now that drivers side seatbelt shouldn't be too hard to find.

So it's gonna be parts car or you looking to drive it? Either way it sounds worth the money.

Sounds like good deal...

But the problem with parts cars,.. Generally speaking,..

Is that the 15 year old rusty worn out part on your car that needs replacing is the same rusty old worn out part on the parts car.

If you intend to swap the 5 speed into your car, it's a big job... But doable... There's threads about it.

If you intend to swap the 5 speed into your car, it's a big job... But doable... There's threads about it.

OK I just noticed this...

Screenshot_2017-07-13-13-42-36.png

That car is perfect... They're both 5-speeds...

All wiring, switches and connectors are the same...

Now you just have to decide which one you want to drive.

.... The only thing thats missing is the drivers seatbelt, and that it comes on steelies...

I've got my winter tires mounted on 15 inch steelies...
The taller sidewall helps a lot with winter driving.

I don't know if you mean there is no seatbelt but the receiver on my seatbelt broke and wouldn't latch... I plugged my belt into the passenger seat receiver till I got it replaced.

Might help with a test drive or to get it home

Remember, the drivers side latch has a switch on it to activate the seatbelt light.

You can easily disable the seatbelt light by unplugging the single wire harness under the driver's seat.

K so I went and looked at the car and it needs inspections to get on the road again, which, unfortunately in my province, it won't pass anytime soon. So basically it would probably be a parts car and a parts car only. The hail damage is minimal and the leather is in awesome condition. It does have typical protege rust on the front quarters, hatch, and rear wheel wells, a cracked windshield, and it doesn't come on steelies, it comes on donuts... I don't know where the guy got 4 spare tires but thats whats on the car. I took it for a test drive and it shifts smooth through all the gears, has lots of clutch left, and the engine sounds healthy. I thought I could smell a little bit of oil burning but I couldn't see any smoke or anything coming out of the tailpipe. I wouldn't be surprised if it burns a little bit of oil. I'm gonna try to post some pictures.

So this is it. Besides it has donuts instead of the rims.
938161633aeaff331ced5632453eca94.jpg
7e7bf2cb59c65fa9eb8527b74325b30d.jpg
cefdd68f154b5e3365b86c023ca19cbf.jpg
becc6b66ad4c4833c93984fa046a32c4.jpg
81e3fde77109517540f58593dbed06c4.jpg

I'm sure there's stuff you can only see in person but from the pics it doesn't look very krusty eaten up by salt.............

I think you should get it...
It can pay for itself with even just the seats swapped over to your car.

Well guys I just bought her. Brought it down to 380$ and it was mine. Now I need to decide if I want to fix it and liscence it or use it as a parts car.

I would love to have the roof rail trim. Would you sell it if you decide to part out the car. My car has the roof rails but they are all messed up.

I would love to have the roof rail trim. Would you sell it if you decide to part out the car. My car has the roof rails but they are all messed up.
Yeah if I part it out I'll personal message you! I do live in Canada though so shipping might be expensive..

Digging the red color...
a843f61e25db13b5b75002ac62212714.jpg

Back