Cam discussion

:
83 RX-7 Gsl, 2000 Mazda Protege LX, 2011 Mazda3 Sport i
Ok so I don't have a clue what to do but I have heard that FP cams are better that FS cams. I drive a 2002 P5 that I want to make a bit faster, so would it be as simple as finding a junk motor with FP cams and swapping them?

I've also heard that the 1.8L pistons will increase you're compression ratio which would boost a bit of power. Honestly if you want a quick, easy and noticeable increase in power get a header. I put a longbtube header on my 2001 2.0L and cut .3 of a second off my mile. The cat in the manifold really kills flow out of these motors.

I've also heard that the 1.8L pistons will increase you're compression ratio which would boost a bit of power. Honestly if you want a quick, easy and noticeable increase in power get a header. I put a longbtube header on my 2001 2.0L and cut .3 of a second off my mile. The cat in the manifold really kills flow out of these motors.

I'm not really trying to do this per day but my yard has a bunch of FP's so if it would help I'd go out of my way.

I do so much reading I can't remember. Then Hyundai beta 2.0L can use the 1.8L pistons, cams and ecu for a boost in power. My GF has that setup with a PnP intake, sonata TB, header and 2.5 inch exhaust in her 3 door accent. But that's not relevant. Keep digging. I've seen the ingo around somewhere I just can't remember where.

Back