2017: Made my own Dead pedal cover.

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
I used some old diamond plate, pattern anti-slip material I had laying around the garage. Cut it to shape, applied a few strips the "hook" side of Velcro to it and it sticks to the carpet (loop) just fine. No more dirty carpet and it's removable.
6eefaee1e8c3ba1a8378875b266cd69c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks good. Nice job.
Thanks for the compliments. This was easy to do and really needed. Mazda really saved a few pennies not covering the dead pedal with something more durable than plain carpet. The hook-side of Velcro sticks to our (cheap) carpet very easily.

Thanks for the compliments. This was easy to do and really needed. Mazda really saved a few pennies not covering the dead pedal with something more durable than plain carpet. The hook-side of Velcro sticks to our (cheap) carpet very easily.

I'll have to disagree with you here.

My carpet still looks brand new after 68000mi of driving manual (foot goes back and forth from dead pedal 100s of times each drive).
Carpet does not get slippery when wet and it absorbs dirt very well, so it does have an advantage over any kind of other material.. not just cost saving.

I'll have to disagree with you here.

My carpet still looks brand new after 68000mi of driving manual (foot goes back and forth from dead pedal 100s of times each drive).
Carpet does not get slippery when wet and it absorbs dirt very well, so it does have an advantage over any kind of other material.. not just cost saving.
I had higher grade carpet in my 2013 Volvo S60. The Mazda's carpet, by comparison, is cheap.

The carpet in my old Mazda 5 eventually got a hole in it around the 100,000 mile mark. By 200,000 it was no longer a hole and resembled the grand canyon.

Latest posts

Back