"Other stuff"

I like old engines and tractors. I attend and show at a lot of local get togethers.

I attended a class to learn to drive these steam tractors
5368c8d956dcb.image.jpg

This is my display.
light%20plant%202015%20full.jpg

Just like my handle says....

Banjos- I play Old-Time music and own several banjos
Beer- I love drinking and brewing beer

Other than that, I'm not much of a social butterfly. I'd rather be home working on our property, tending the garden, playing with the dogs, etc.

Old Model Trains are cool.... still have the ones I had as a kid, but never got around to building a nice track/layout. Maybe when I'm a bit older.
Funny you should mention these. I have a huge early 1960s vintage Lionel set in my attic. My mom bought it off of one of her friends for $25 around 1967 for me. Thing has a submarine car with working submarine, working log car, ice car with ice house, working crossing gates, switch tracks...damn, now I have to go up and dig it out.

Thanks, I may take a hiking trip and the CX-5 to the mountains for the first time and attend the show at the end of the month in Boone, NC...

You'll have a ball driving your CX-5 on the mountain roads around Boone. If you have time, be sure to get up on the Blue Ridge Parkway; spectacular scenery!

You'll have a ball driving your CX-5 on the mountain roads around Boone. If you have time, be sure to get up on the Blue Ridge Parkway; spectacular scenery!

I know, I live here! :). Beautiful country...

Deals Gap, Return of the Dragon trip to follow...

My two main interests, other than my husband and dogs, is either riding (horses) or bowling. When I'm not doing either of those, I'm working on our property - it's only 14 acres, but there's ALWAYS something that needs doing.

And I just realized the other day that I bought my truck for the horses (hauling them in a trailer) and the CX-5 for my bowling balls! My truck is tall and four balls are just too heavy to lift into it's back seat. Thus, the cuv and it's requisite hatch. Good thing I don't have any more hobbies, I don't need another vehicle!

Had to give up motocross with age (47) but man I still love it. Now I ski all winter and backpack in summer. Was a Aviation Ordnance in the Navy.

[emoji4] into back yard theater. Love having the family or neighbors over for a movie night.
06e5cb7237aa6f5061c38160b80fb91d.jpg
0d452a8836667b9773138aa324bfc019.jpg
c7df503d42edc1a28a1dbeede3d633b9.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I like old engines and tractors. I attend and show at a lot of local get togethers.

I attended a class to learn to drive these steam tractors
5368c8d956dcb.image.jpg

This is my display.
light%20plant%202015%20full.jpg

Awesome! It makes me sad that we have advanced so far that things like this are, by and large, forgotten things and skills.

[emoji4] into back yard theater. Love having the family or neighbors over for a movie night.
06e5cb7237aa6f5061c38160b80fb91d.jpg
0d452a8836667b9773138aa324bfc019.jpg
c7df503d42edc1a28a1dbeede3d633b9.jpg

VERY nice!!! Something like this would be great in my yard except that you'd have to be covered in DEET from head to toe. I have a similar set-up for my home theater with pull down screen (106" diagonal) and HD projector, dual subs, 7.1, etc...

My interests consist of motorcycling, bicycling, camping (in our mobile hotel room), firearms, archery, playing games (cards, dominos, darts, cribbage, cornhole, chess, backgammon), drinking beer (sometimes this is combined with my other interests), and fitness (gotta stay alive and healthy). lol

I retired at 55 on 1/1/2014 so I have lots of time for these things.

Edit

I don't know how I forgot to include another interest of mine, kayaking.

Here's the kayak on the ole Jetta during a camping trip up in Door County Wisconsin.

MGalleryItem.php

And here's two of my best girls exploring the Calusa Blueway in Florida near Pine Island. We paddled 36 miles that day.

MGalleryItem.php

Last edited:
VERY nice!!! Something like this would be great in my yard except that you'd have to be covered in DEET from head to toe. I have a similar set-up for my home theater with pull down screen (106" diagonal) and HD projector, dual subs, 7.1, etc...

My interests consist of motorcycling, bicycling, camping (in our mobile hotel room), firearms, archery, playing games (cards, dominos, darts, cribbage, cornhole, chess, backgammon), drinking beer (sometimes this is combined with my other interests), and fitness (gotta stay alive and healthy). lol

I retired at 55 on 1/1/2014 so I have lots of time for these things.

Yeah it's always fun to have a big screen I have a 100" inside, love my short throw projector. No need to worry about shadows from people walking in front of it. We play holeyboard outside and of course few beers with usually a movie or live concert playing on the screen. All good family fun. Congrats on retiring. On 29 so few more years for me or 1 lucky lotto ticket.

Yeah it's always fun to have a big screen I have a 100" inside, love my short throw projector. No need to worry about shadows from people walking in front of it. We play holeyboard outside and of course few beers with usually a movie or live concert playing on the screen. All good family fun. Congrats on retiring. On 29 so few more years for me or 1 lucky lotto ticket.

Thank you sir! I HIGHLY recommend it.

I'm a little older than most of you on here, but I've been into music of some kind my whole life.
Started out in high school playing in a bunch of forgettable rock and roll bands, and then devoted 30 years of my life to singing in a barbershop quartet.
Can't do it anymore as I have pretty much ruined my hearing.
I still have my original guitar though: A 1964 Hagstrom II, solid body dual pickup, completely original. Still plays great.
Also love model trains. I still have my old American Flyer stuff, dating back to the 1950's. Also lots of Dinky Toys, the originals.
American Pickers would love my basement. I still have most of my childhood toys.
My train interest is shared with my grandson. He/we have a permanent "n" gauge set up in his basement.
We are always adding to it and building it up. It's a great way to bond with your grandkids.

Back