"Other stuff"

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
What else is everyone here "into"? Got a ridiculous model train setup? Member of the 2000# club? Climbed Everest? Post up some pics!

My other hobbies are shooting, and fitness.

Loving the new SR25...very sedate for a .308! (yes, all hits) (she pushes a bit more with a can, though, and I replaced the Comp M4 with a Kahles K16i...does everything from true 1x to 6-power with a mil drop stadia that I can use for holds past 600 yards without being more than 1moa off using this rifle and 150gr Gold Dot.
Demo of it on 1x:
11kjgo1.jpg

Making electronic music, DJing, volleyball (although with my latest injury, I may have retired...) and snowboarding

Board games are fun! Don't get to play as much ever since my wife gave birth, but once my son is older, I'm sure we'll have fun playing board games. Cycling for exercise is fun too. I also would like to get back to doing martial arts. Interested in learning Wing Chun and getting back to practicing Arnis.

Just like my handle says....

Banjos- I play Old-Time music and own several banjos
Beer- I love drinking and brewing beer

Other than that, I'm not much of a social butterfly. I'd rather be home working on our property, tending the garden, playing with the dogs, etc.

Old Model Trains are cool.... still have the ones I had as a kid, but never got around to building a nice track/layout. Maybe when I'm a bit older.

Board games are fun! Don't get to play as much ever since my wife gave birth, but once my son is older, I'm sure we'll have fun playing board games. Cycling for exercise is fun too. I also would like to get back to doing martial arts. Interested in learning Wing Chun and getting back to practicing Arnis.

yeah, played tons of board games when I was younger. Risk was always popular, and a late arrival was Rail Barron.

Drums, guitars, occasional video games, running. Use to play baseball a lot but with pretty much limited now with my current work schedule.

yeah, played tons of board games when I was younger. Risk was always popular, and a late arrival was Rail Barron.
Unfortunately I only discovered board games recently, like a year or two ago, I feel like I missed out not having played when I was younger. I have always seen the Risk board games, but have not tried it out yet. Rail Barron looks similar to Ticket to Ride, I'll check that out in the future.

Looking great Uno.

I also do some shooting from time to time, though I only own a few firearms at the moment. Missing a shotgun and rifle from the lineup. Currently I have a G17, G26, and a .22 that's been passed down from my grandpa, to my dad, to me. It's a tube fed semi-auto .22. I forget the brand, but it's a pretty old rifle. Took care of it though, it's in great condition and works just fine! :)

My other main hobbies are PC gaming, custom PC watercooling, playing piano, making chainmail, some leather-work (I love dressing up and going to the renaissance festival and other similar functions), tabletop gaming (real RPGs mainly), PowerShell scripting (I have done some damn magic with PowerShell over the years, trying not to get rusty in my non-technical job now), beer.

I'm not really into sports, and although I grew up in the mountains here in Colorado, I really am not an outdoorsy type.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I only discovered board games recently, like a year or two ago, I feel like I missed out not having played when I was younger. I have always seen the Risk board games, but have not tried it out yet. Rail Barron looks similar to Ticket to Ride, I'll check that out in the future.

Yeah, I did play as a kid, but didn't get real serious until my early 20s. Before serious girlfriends were around, where you could set aside endless hours for a long ass battle/campaign. As far as we were concerned, the longer the game the better. Last recent attempt at Rail Barron had to end/stop after 4-5 hours, and we were just finishing up all the rail line purchases. A winner was never declared.

Last edited:
I'm into fitness...Fit'niss whole burger into my mouth! lol

I've been surfing since forever. Always loved the beach and ocean and I'll never live more than a mile or so from it.
pidgeon%20point1.JPG

100_0876.JPG

Nateyatthepoint_11.jpg

Ok, I'll be serious.
I'm a forumer, a wine maker, a gamer, a canoe-camper, a car enthusiast, a pretty good cook, an aquarist, and I like to watch a bit o' TV (GoT baby! TWD, a cooking show here and there). Haven't tabletopped or touched my guitar in a bit. Into finding new music Also, have a Glock that I don't take to the range much anymore. Also have a 150 CC Scooter for toddling around.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice shooting Uno. I have only been shooting for a year. I have a CZ75b and Sig 2022 (wishing I got the CZ P-07 but went with the lower cost option at the time since I prefer hammer over striker and wanted a decocker).

Primarily my time is spent with my kids, our favorite thing is just getting in the car and driving with no destination in mind, the further off the interstate the better. When not doing that usually playing Xbox or watching tv or catching any Celtic Punk bands that roll through St Louis (I used to blog and review Celtic Punk cds). I tend to have a short attention span when it comes to hobbies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be cars
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q3P18LOrveo?rel=0&controls=0&start=8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OivGZ5482P0?rel=0&controls=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and badminton (I'm in black)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MrUOSbz--uc?start=75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I like to surf the AT and other mountain trails in this area. I'm not a backpacker so much as a dayhiker. But I love to get out in the woods, packing my digital camera with me to shoot wildflowers. Plenty of trails where I live in Northeast Tennessee, as well as nearby Western NC and SW Virginia. Now that I have my CX-5, I also love driving to the trailheads!

Just like my handle says....

Banjos- I play Old-Time music and own several banjos
Beer- I love drinking and brewing beer

Other than that, I'm not much of a social butterfly. I'd rather be home working on our property, tending the garden, playing with the dogs, etc.

Old Model Trains are cool.... still have the ones I had as a kid, but never got around to building a nice track/layout. Maybe when I'm a bit older.
4 or 5 string ???? Open Back ??? Claw hammer ????

Used to be motorcycles for over 40 years, Now just computer nerd and visits to Australia to visit my grandchildren.

Latest posts

Back