Need to install trailer hitch wiring harness on 2017 CX-9. OEM or not? Dealer or DIY?

esbowman

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 Touring
SO, we recently bought a 2017 CX-9 Touring edition. We love it. I just installed a Curt Class 3 hitch off Amazon for $130, because I didn't want to spend $400+ on the OEM class 2 hitch. So, I have the hitch installed, and now realize I need to run the wiring too. I was looking at the Curt Custom Wiring kit, but after watching a video on installation, I don't love the way it mounts. I'm considering ordering the OEM Mazda wiring harness (not the hitch...just the harness) which is part number 00008EN30. It's about the same price as the Curt kit (#56338).

Does anyone here have experience with Mazda's towing wiring harness 00008EN30? I'd like to know how it installs at least, so I can determine if I should have my Mazda dealer install it, or if it's easy enough to just install myself.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks man.

Yeah once I read over it all a few more times, it seems pretty straight forward so I decided to give it a go. I like the idea of having the oem harness installed, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Back