power windows and mirrors are dead

mreed80

:
2012 mazda 5
2012 mazda 5

switches don't work for power windows and power mirrors now. Door locks DO work.

this is happening at all doors. I replaced the fuses located in the passenger side door panel. the 7.5 and 30 amp ones for the Power windows and mirrors, but nothing happened.

I did my best to check the connections but obviously could have missed something someplace.

Just looking for some help with some ideas .

thanks!

that is what I'm kind of thinking since the door locks work, so the power going to the door is good.

If i pull the door apart and disconnect the control switch, i should be able to test the power from the disconnect cable correct?

I have a voltage reader but the probe on the end was too big to fit in the cable slots.

thanks for the ebay link! that is awesom

ok , more info. i got a voltage tester, opened up the hood, fuses are good.
then opened side fuse box on passenger side
put in a new 30amp fuse and 7.5 for the power window and mirrors

mirror fuse has no power and cant test the 30 as it doesn't have the nodes on it to test.

so i don't think i'm getting power to those fuses.

is there a relay someplace that would run those two?

ok , more info. i got a voltage tester, opened up the hood, fuses are good.
then opened side fuse box on passenger side
put in a new 30amp fuse and 7.5 for the power window and mirrors

mirror fuse has no power and cant test the 30 as it doesn't have the nodes on it to test.

so i don't think i'm getting power to those fuses.

is there a relay someplace that would run those two?

I believe the relay is in the master switch but the I believe the relay is non-replaceable, the entire master switch unit would need to be replaced, I might be wrong though...

are you saying the master switch as in the switches on the driver side door?

I would think if that was dead, the fuse in the passenger side for the mirror would be hot still

Pull the power windows connector from a wrecked M5. Strip the wires and test with power source. This should isolate the problem.

If no power to relays, sounds like a short in the door wiring and may need to be replaced.

I put in a new master switch. When I do the car stays on. The mirrors work but not the windows . Immobilized comes on too

Back