New motor........

Couple of interesting discoveries.

The panel lights dim independently of which lights are switched on. In other words, if the headlights are on and you drive under a bridge or trees, they dim automatically or revert to full brilliance in good light.

The istop works very well with the auto brake and will start the engine and drive off the brake with the slightest touch of the accelerator.

Couple of interesting discoveries.

The panel lights dim independently of which lights are switched on. In other words, if the headlights are on and you drive under a bridge or trees, they dim automatically or revert to full brilliance in good light.

The istop works very well with the auto brake and will start the engine and drive off the brake with the slightest touch of the accelerator.

Apologies but panel lights (uhm)

One thing with my 2015 car is the heating controls are really dim with the side lights on, is the 2017 the same?

This is sidelights on, ignition off and dimmed slightly

IMG_3495.jpg

This is ignition on and no dimming.

IMG_3496.jpg

And this is the same showing more of the dash. The two little lights under the screen are the CD deck.

IMG_3497.jpg

You would expect dimmed lights with the ignition off. Good to hear it's full strength when ignition on

MazdaUSA, you suck for not letting us have factory integrated PDC. That dealer install BS is wildly inferior.

And finally, something a bit different for you US guys and that is this European obligatory rear fog light.

IMG_3482.jpg

The disassociated fog light looks hokey IMHO. Audi Merc BMW have them integrated into the rear tail lamps

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

The disassociated fog light looks hokey IMHO. Audi Merc BMW have them integrated into the rear tail lamps

Just guessing but perhaps it makes it more obvious that it's a fog light and not a stop light as some people may get confused between the two of them?(dunno)

Yes you can see the buttons, but not the LCD showing set point etc.
Its the wife that keeps morning about it. (dunno)

Pain! ;-) You can see the flippin buttons in daylight!!! I’ll take you a photo.

MazdaUSA, you suck for not letting us have factory integrated PDC. That dealer install BS is wildly inferior.
Integrated F/R Parking Sensors are much more superior than Rear Parking Sensors add-on "accessory" available from US Mazda dealers. Since you're in Germany, you'll find more and more nice features are missing from your US CX-5 comparing to German CX-5!

Integrated F/R Parking Sensors are much more superior than Rear Parking Sensors add-on "accessory" available from US Mazda dealers. Since you're in Germany, you'll find more and more nice features are missing from your US CX-5 comparing to German CX-5!

That system looks a lot like Lexus Park Assist that I have. Hopefully NA CX-5s get this option as well.

Back