New motor........

The part numbers will be the same in Aus, see if your dealer can locate them (if you want the mod that is!).
The part numbers are the same worldwide but Mazda in each region won't carry such parts if they're not in the vehicle for the region like those low-profile JDM rear seat headrest. We should be able to get this KB8M-64-930-02 adjustable centre vents from Japanparts.com with about $40 shipping to the US.

Still don't understand why Mazda makes two versions of these center vents? (uhm)

Reminds me of Iron Man.......

IMG_3464.jpg

These regional differences! We don't get the drive away locking but the grid lines on the rear camera do curve.

IMG_3459.jpg
One can assume drive-away locking should be easy to implement and that feature is available in most regions and can be turned on and off in the setup menu.

Other than additional dynamic grid lines showing in the back-up camera view, please take time to show us the factory integrated Front and Rear Parking Sensors at work so that we can see how much we missed!

The part numbers are the same worldwide but Mazda in each region won't carry such parts if they're not in the vehicle for the region like those low-profile JDM rear seat headrest. We should be able to get this KB8M-64-930-02 adjustable centre vents from Japanparts.com with about $40 shipping to the US.

Still don't understand why Mazda makes two versions of these center vents? (uhm)

Ask their boffins be it marketing or other!

Last edited:
One can assume drive-away locking should be easy to implement and that feature is available in most regions and can be turned on and off in the setup menu.

Other than additional dynamic grid lines showing in the back-up camera view, please take time to show us the factory integrated Front and Rear Parking Sensors at work so that we can see how much we missed!

The door switch arrangement is different on yours so maybe it is integrated into that but if the switch is part of the original drive away locking then I can't go down that route of buying the switch on my annual Florida vacation because it only applies to left hand drive and my arm isn't long enough. You can buy a drive away locking module for a Toyota that plugs in the OBD socket but so far I've not found one for a Mazda.

Will post up some photos of the parking sensor arrangement but as a starter, you can see one of the factory installed sensors on the above photo under the headlight and the graphic on the rear camera image is part of it too. It blocks up red in the appropriate zone as you get closer to an object. I'll show you - bear with me.

The door switch arrangement is different on yours so maybe it is integrated into that but if the switch is part of the original drive away locking then I can't go down that route of buying the switch on my annual Florida vacation because it only applies to left hand drive and my arm isn't long enough. You can buy a drive away locking module for a Toyota that plugs in the OBD socket but so far I've not found one for a Mazda.

Think yrwei52 was referring to MZD settings for door lock (scratch)

Think yrwei52 was referring to MZD settings for door lock (scratch)
Correct. I suspect the drive away locking function is there for UK CX-5 but hidden. If somehow you can hack the MZD setup menu and may be you can turn on the hidden drive away locking function. Of course Mazda may have eliminated necessary modules or parts to make sure the drive away locking function is totally disabled.

Correct. I suspect the drive away locking function is there for UK CX-5 but hidden. If somehow you can hack the MZD setup menu and may be you can turn on the hidden drive away locking function. Of course Mazda may have eliminated necessary modules or parts to make sure the drive away locking function is totally disabled.
There is definitely no drive away locking.

More on the front and rear parking sensors. They are activated with a button on the switch panel. This is different from the 2016.5 which had a switch to kill the sensors. They always defaulted to on and had to be switched off.

IMG_3474.jpg

So, with the switch on, the sensors give off the bleep with increasing intensity as you get nearer an object. An image of the car is super imposed onto the back up screen or any other selected screen when the vehicle moves forward up to about 10mph. In the next photo I’m parallel parking back up to another car. You can see the lock in the lines and you can see that the image is showing close proximity at the rear bumper.

IMG_3472.jpg

As I get closer, the whole thing starts to light up and the front and rear bleepers have distinctly different tones.

IMG_3473.jpg

These photos show the position of the body coloured sensors.....

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

A couple of other things. The reversing lights are led’s on mine I’m please to report. You can see the light from them in the back up camera images above. This shows one of the small clusters.

IMG_3478.jpg

They are surprisingly bright.....

IMG_3479.jpg

My SD card for the satnav didn’t arrive with the car so I’m running without it. In its absence, the nav screen shows quite a nice ships compass. The upper screen is also devoid of those confounded street names that seem to overwrite everything else.

IMG_3480.jpg

And finally, something a bit different for you US guys and that is this European obligatory rear fog light.

IMG_3482.jpg

Last edited:
The front sensors on my 6 only come on if I have selected reverse initially and then drive and then only up to a certain speed.

The 2017 sensors like you said are always on.

The front sensors on my 6 only come on if I have selected reverse initially and then drive and then only up to a certain speed.

The 2017 sensors like you said are always on.
Yes, that was the same on the 2016.5. I think I preferred it that way.

Yes, that was the same on the 2016.5. I think I preferred it that way.

The test drive I had in the 2017, the front sensors didn't appear to go off randomly. Albeit it wasn't an extended drive.

When I get my CX-5 and the sensors go off for some reason, I'll just press the button. Not really an issue for me.

More on the front and rear parking sensors. They are activated with a button on the switch panel. This is different from the 2016.5 which had a switch to kill the sensors. They always defaulted to on and had to be switched off.

A couple of other things. The reversing lights are leds on mine Im please to report. You can see the light from them in the back up camera images above. This shows one of the small clusters.

And finally, something a bit different for you US guys and that is this European obligatory rear fog light.
Thanks for posting those nice features we don't get in the US. Do you get Side View Camera at all in UK?

If I had those front and rear parking sensors, I could have avoided several parking lot incidents in my life time and saved me some money!

The reverse lights are LED now, but that's an easy one to change. Just wish Mazda had changed turn signals to LEDs too from factory! Of course I wish we can have rear fog light like Volvo always does making it available in the US. It won't hurt to have too many safety features such as rear fog light and ALH!

Finally, if you don't mind please post some pictures of DRLs and ALH in action whenever you have time to do it. :)

Back