New motor........

The disassociated fog light looks hokey IMHO. Audi Merc BMW have them integrated into the rear tail lamps
Just guessing but perhaps it makes it more obvious that it's a fog light and not a stop light as some people may get confused between the two of them?(dunno)
Agreed. And more and more automakers have separated rear fog light out from main taillight unit such as this 2017 Mercedes E Class. Another benefit is it's cheaper to fit US mandatory rear red reflectors into a separate housing so that they can interchange them between reflectors and fog light for different market needs other than re-designing a more expensive main taillight unit with added red reflectors for US customers.

2016-E-CLASS-SDN-PSR-MR.jpg

Last edited:
Integrated F/R Parking Sensors are much more superior than Rear Parking Sensors add-on "accessory" available from US Mazda dealers. Since you're in Germany, you'll find more and more nice features are missing from your US CX-5 comparing to German CX-5!

Any factory fitted part/accessory is better than a dealer fitted part/accessory. The dealer goes for cheapest cost to them and maximum cost to the buyer!

Any factory fitted part/accessory is better than a dealer fitted part/accessory. The dealer goes for cheapest cost to them and maximum cost to the buyer!
Those dealer installed accessories such as Rear Parking Sensors are "OEM" from Mazda though ⋯

There are some weird anomalies in the specification of these cars. If Mazda tried to see that rear tonneau cover separately here, there would be riots! Even the base model comes with one. It is an expensive thing with a spring loaded insert to accommodate the rear seat recline. I will photograph later.

There are some weird anomalies in the specification of these cars. If Mazda tried to see that rear tonneau cover separately here, there would be riots! Even the base model comes with one. It is an expensive thing with a spring loaded insert to accommodate the rear seat recline. I will photograph later.

Standard across the range here as well

Integrated F/R Parking Sensors are much more superior than Rear Parking Sensors add-on "accessory" available from US Mazda dealers. Since you're in Germany, you'll find more and more nice features are missing from your US CX-5 comparing to German CX-5!

Yea I plan on crawling around the Euro CX-5 when I go in for our first oil change. (Still not sure why my wife insists I take it in and not her [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Yea I plan on crawling around the Euro CX-5 when I go in for our first oil change. (Still not sure why my wife insists I take it in and not her [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Cause it's your job (wink)

Away for the night......

IMG_3511.jpg

A light spray of Meguires Last Touch dealing spray to make the finish show. There is a lot less orange peel than the 2016.5......

IMG_3518.jpg

Last edited:
Back