Keychain/Hardware for the CX-9 FOB?

dulanypeters

:
Car Coming Soon!
I am not a huge fan of just the naked FOB....but the hole that there is not keychain friendly. I was able to get a medium sized nite ize S caribiner onto it and it's okay, but not ideal.

What are others doing with their FOB?

Last edited:
I bought these silicone covers on eBay. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

My wife and I both have Mazdas and have similar fobs so they are helpful to color code fobs to the paint color.

Same seller have different version for different button setups too.

Similar:

35026912253_adec3ac01a_k.jpg

Miata (MX-5 RF) key on left with red silicone cover, old school steering wheel keychain, and ear plugs attached.
CX-9 key on right with black silicone cover and Mazda logo keychain attached.

Small keys are for car cover cable locks.
Neither vehicle has been under cover for months. (In the garage at night.)

All other keys are on a separate keychain.

Nice! I am looking for a solution for our keys (similar to yours except I drive a Mazda6). I will look into this.

I added a strip of friction tape to the backs of our key fobs for both the Mazda 3 and CX-9. It keeps the silicone sleeves (like those pictures above) from slipping.

I was having a little trouble adjusting to the keyless system (and lack of a hide-a-key) so on my first trips with the car, going skiing, I found that I was most comfortable with just putting the key on a lanyard (an old boot lace) and wearing it around my neck, under my shirt. I would just leave it there from morning to night.

Fully intending to figure something else out, I'm still using the lanyard. In fact, I just got back from running the dogs and took it off my neck. Kind of dorky, but it does the job. Now, if they'd only come out with a smaller waterproof key fob (it wouldn't even need to have any buttons) I'd be all set.

Back