Google Maps prompts pause all audio over bluetooth

CEQPOFR

:
malament@gmail.com
Tried searching for this topic here and elsewhere and haven't found anything about it, so here goes. Hopefully I can describe this accurately.

I have a 2013 CX9. I connect my iPhone 6 to my car via Bluetooth and use Google Maps for navigation. I also regularly listen to podcasts, also via my iPhone and connected to Bluetooth.

When I have Google Maps going and a podcast playing, Google Maps will pause the podcast audio to give me a voice nav prompt (e.g. - "turn right"). What's happening is that when it pauses the audio, the car pauses all audio, and the voice prompt won't play.

So what happens is I'll be listening to a podcast, when the Google Maps prompt starts, my CX9 infotainment screen will show "pause" and there will be no sound at all until the voice prompt is done. At this point the podcast restarts and I can hear again.

Is there anyway to stop my car from pausing all sound when Google pauses my podcast to provide a prompt? Or am I just stuck?

I hope this makes sense. i can try uploading a video of the issue if that's helpful.

Tried searching for this topic here and elsewhere and haven't found anything about it, so here goes. Hopefully I can describe this accurately.

I have a 2013 CX9. I connect my iPhone 6 to my car via Bluetooth and use Google Maps for navigation. I also regularly listen to podcasts, also via my iPhone and connected to Bluetooth.

When I have Google Maps going and a podcast playing, Google Maps will pause the podcast audio to give me a voice nav prompt (e.g. - "turn right"). What's happening is that when it pauses the audio, the car pauses all audio, and the voice prompt won't play.

So what happens is I'll be listening to a podcast, when the Google Maps prompt starts, my CX9 infotainment screen will show "pause" and there will be no sound at all until the voice prompt is done. At this point the podcast restarts and I can hear again.

Is there anyway to stop my car from pausing all sound when Google pauses my podcast to provide a prompt? Or am I just stuck?

I hope this makes sense. i can try uploading a video of the issue if that's helpful.

In the Google Maps app, in Settings/Navigation, do you have the option checked to "Play as Bluetooth phone call"? That could be the problem if you do.

Back