Floor vibration when turning right.

yasser.rafiq

:
Mazda CX-5
Hi Guys,

I'm new to mazdas247. I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 that has recently started to develop a problem. I'm feeling floor vibrations in my feet though the pedals when I'm turning right (only when I'm turning right). I can feel it at speeds of around 40-50 kms/hr but the faster I go, the heavier the vibrations are. I can also feel the vibrations in my hand through the gear lever. I had it checked at a local mechanic but he did not feel it much and said it is not very prominent (he wasn't looing much intersted). But I need to have this fixed as it is quite annoying and it's not normal functioning. Has anyone ever run over the white stripe at either ends of the road on the highway? The stripe which is designed to prevent drivers from going off the road. It is the same vibration and it only happens when I'm turning right. The car behaves normal when I'm going straight or turning left. I was driving on the highway the other day at a speed of around 80-90 Kms/hr and drove through a long right bend and the car was vibrating quite significantly. I don't feel it in steering wheel. It is limited to the floor. Please advise.

Thanks.

Yasser,

It sounds like your wheel alignment is off. I would also check to see if your wheels need to re-balanced. Similar issue occurred with my Corolla - the alignment and balance was off on one wheel and it would emit a noticeable vibration above 40 km/h (~25 MPH). Whenever I turned, it would turn easier to the left, but very difficult to turn right. Once an alignment and re-balance was done, no more vibrations.

However, take it to an alignment servicing shop to CHECK the alignment first.

Hope this helps you.

- Slade

Greetings from Florida, USA!

Had same problem on my 2016 CX-5.t picked it up from the dealer and the problem seems to be gone!
They replaced both front axles and inner joints. I was told that possible cause was wear on the joints that has been fixed by a bulletin that introduced a special anti-wear coating to the parts surface.
My car only has 36K Kms and I wonder how long these things last. I hope the coated parts will last longer.

Back