Mazda CX-9 2017 Floor Vibration

dc1387

:
Mazda CX-9
Hi,

I just purchased a new 2017 CX9 and when I sat in the passenger seat for a short while I felt the wheel rotation kinda vibration on the floor (where you rest your leg on the mat). I didn't feel this while driving the car so I'm not sure if it's a passenger side thing or if it's cause it was a bad patch of road. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I'd be getting the wheels rebalanced. May have thrown a wheel weight off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree about balance or another cause of wheel vibration.
1. Check that the tire cold inflation pressures match the sticker on the door jam. Correct the pressures and test drive.
2. Have the tires checked for balance and road force variation. This is when part of the tire has a stiffer sidewall and part has a softer sidewall. The stiff sidewall part can be matched to the low spot on the wheel rim (everything has tolerances; nothing is perfectly round nor uniform). Correct and test drive.
3. Have the wheel inspected for a bend or anything else wrong.
4. Have the right front suspension inspected.

Hi,

I just purchased a new 2017 CX9 and when I sat in the passenger seat for a short while I felt the wheel rotation kinda vibration on the floor (where you rest your leg on the mat). I didn't feel this while driving the car so I'm not sure if it's a passenger side thing or if it's cause it was a bad patch of road. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

My 2016 has been vibrating for a while. After numerous balances that didn't fix it, Mazda replaced the tires and drive shaft abs the shake is still there. Not as bad as it once was, but at highway speeds there is a vibration.

Looking to take it in again. Getting close to a lemon law suit if it's not fixed.

Pennsylvania's Lemon Law: "Under the law, the manufacturer must, at no cost to the purchaser, repair or correct any defect which substantially impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle and occurs within one year after delivery, or 12,000 miles of use, or the term of the manufacturer’s express warranty, whichever comes first. If the defect cannot be repaired in a reasonable time, you may be eligible for a replacement vehicle or the refund of the purchase price, less a limited allowance for use."
This vibration seems to effect the value, maybe the safety, likely impairs your use. Even filing the Lemon Law claim is going to get Mazda's attention. Good luck.

Similar problem here with my brand new 2017 CX-9 signature, please keep us updated, cause I will send mine back to dealer pretty soon. NorCal here say HI to all.

Back