Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!

Thread: Added some CHROME! (Tasteful)

Mazda CX-5

Added some CHROME! (Tasteful)

I thought I would add some more chrome to my ride. In small amounts nothing to crazy but to give the interior a more finished look.

I added some small strips to each door panel to mimic the look on the LED headlights and LED tail lights. (The bars) I really like them. I used the cuttable 3m chrome from pep boys. (Comes on a roll)

I also added some thicker cuttable chrome from pep boys around the cluster. I thought that something like this should have been factory to begin with. I also added some around the navigation. However I think around the navigation is a little to thick. I might be changing out the chrome to something a little thinner.

Lastly I have my visor tinted. That's been done however I always thought it looks "incomplete" from the inside. The visor looking out from inside has no tradition or fade of color to clear like factory windshields do. It downed on me to try this out. I got chrome pinstripe and butted it up against very edge of the tint. (It's actually on the tint but not the windshield itself) this way you do not see the pinstripe from the outside of the car on the windshield. It's hard to tell in person, but it looks really good in person. It looked "finished" in my opinion. I'm sure some won't like it but that's ok. I wanted to share my ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

I'm not too crazy about chrome trims, but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg

| OEM window visors | OEM blue tinted hydrophillic exterior mirror | OEM F&R bumper trim | Photosync tint all around | 75% Photosync tint on windshield | JBR air filter | LED in & out | 19" Enkei TY5 black metallic |

2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by lowincash View Post
    but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.
    Same here

'16 CPO Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

wow, how far below AS1 line is that strip on the windshield...[going out to check] ...weird, there is no AS1 line on the windshield on the CX-5, but there is one on my GTI. i take that the AS1 line is the limit for (legal) tint to be applied to the top of the windshield and zero tint is (legally) not allowed below that line.

how far down the windshield do you have the banner tint strip? I guess it is an optical illusion, but it looks like an 8" strip or so, although it doesn't go below or match up with the dot matrix behind the rear view mirror. On the A pillar, it looks like it goes halfway down the pillar.
    #savethemanuals
    BEER
    BEER
    BEER
    Go Frogs!!!

Mazda CX-5 Akera

Quote Originally Posted by MasonOTA View Post
    I thought I would add some more chrome to my ride. In small amounts nothing to crazy but to give the interior a more finished look.

I added some small strips to each door panel to mimic the look on the LED headlights and LED tail lights. (The bars) I really like them. I used the cuttable 3m chrome from pep boys. (Comes on a roll)

I also added some thicker cuttable chrome from pep boys around the cluster. I thought that something like this should have been factory to begin with. I also added some around the navigation. However I think around the navigation is a little to thick. I might be changing out the chrome to something a little thinner.

Lastly I have my visor tinted. That's been done however I always thought it looks "incomplete" from the inside. The visor looking out from inside has no tradition or fade of color to clear like factory windshields do. It downed on me to try this out. I got chrome pinstripe and butted it up against very edge of the tint. (It's actually on the tint but not the windshield itself) this way you do not see the pinstripe from the outside of the car on the windshield. It's hard to tell in person, but it looks really good in person. It looked "finished" in my opinion. I'm sure some won't like it but that's ok. I wanted to share my ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good work but how did you cut it to shape cleanly? Problem is that it is very hard to match the same satin chrome colour of the factory trims.

2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

Quote Originally Posted by lowincash View Post
    I'm not too crazy about chrome trims, but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.
    +1 the bit on the windshield looks tacky

Mazda CX-5

Why not right? I think it makes the grill look taller!

2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

Looks like the new Maserati SUV

2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD SnowFlake White Pearl

Why not right? I think it makes the grill look taller!
    I need my FLAME SUIT ON ...
    I guess to each their own car ...

but to me it kinda reminds me of the guy
    who buys stuff from the autoparts store and
    sticks em onto their ride ....
    Very easy to look tacky

Less is MORE ... IMO
    Less is More ...
    That is why I choose the base 2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD

17 in wheels = 225/65R17 means more tire for better ride ...
    Cloth seats = Not hot and sticky in summer or COLD in winter...
    Manual Lift gate = I can open it faster and close it faster than automatic lift gate

Mazda CX-5

I was just reminded why I haven't signed up for a car forum in years. #adultbully

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

I was just reminded why I haven't signed up for a car forum in years. #adultbully
    Don't take it personally, it's just that not everybody likes the stick on chrome. A lot of people, including myself, would rather have less or no chrome. I wouldn't consider this bullying, it's just people's opinion. You post something up, people will either like it or hate it. Welcome to forum/social media life As long as you like it then that's all that really matters.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda CX-5

That's one of many issues wrong with today's world as well as this new generation, can't we just post positives and keep the negatives to oneself. Here and social media. Just my opinion.

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

2016 Mazda CX5

I like the grill... and your good at shaping those chrome strips inside. Doesn't look tacky to me. But the amount of chrome used is kind of a personal thing. Kind of like that plastic-dip spray on stuff

BMW & Mazda Enthusiast GJ-Molestor's Avatar

2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6

Quote Originally Posted by Panda_415 View Post
    I need my FLAME SUIT ON ...
    I guess to each their own car ...

but to me it kinda reminds me of the guy
    who buys stuff from the autoparts store and
    sticks em onto their ride ....
    Very easy to look tacky

Less is MORE ... IMO