Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Added some CHROME! (Tasteful)

  1. #1
    Registered Member MasonOTA's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30

    Added some CHROME! (Tasteful)

    I thought I would add some more chrome to my ride. In small amounts nothing to crazy but to give the interior a more finished look.

    I added some small strips to each door panel to mimic the look on the LED headlights and LED tail lights. (The bars) I really like them. I used the cuttable 3m chrome from pep boys. (Comes on a roll)

    I also added some thicker cuttable chrome from pep boys around the cluster. I thought that something like this should have been factory to begin with. I also added some around the navigation. However I think around the navigation is a little to thick. I might be changing out the chrome to something a little thinner.

    Lastly I have my visor tinted. That's been done however I always thought it looks "incomplete" from the inside. The visor looking out from inside has no tradition or fade of color to clear like factory windshields do. It downed on me to try this out. I got chrome pinstripe and butted it up against very edge of the tint. (It's actually on the tint but not the windshield itself) this way you do not see the pinstripe from the outside of the car on the windshield. It's hard to tell in person, but it looks really good in person. It looked "finished" in my opinion. I'm sure some won't like it but that's ok. I wanted to share my ideas!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered Member lowincash's Avatar

    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    475
    I'm not too crazy about chrome trims, but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg

    | OEM window visors | OEM blue tinted hydrophillic exterior mirror | OEM F&R bumper trim | Photosync tint all around | 75% Photosync tint on windshield | JBR air filter | LED in & out | 19" Enkei TY5 black metallic |

  3. #3
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    3,882
    Quote Originally Posted by lowincash View Post
    but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.
    Same here

  4. #4
    Registered Member GoFrogs's Avatar

    '16 CPO Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    63
    wow, how far below AS1 line is that strip on the windshield...[going out to check] ...weird, there is no AS1 line on the windshield on the CX-5, but there is one on my GTI. i take that the AS1 line is the limit for (legal) tint to be applied to the top of the windshield and zero tint is (legally) not allowed below that line.

    how far down the windshield do you have the banner tint strip? I guess it is an optical illusion, but it looks like an 8" strip or so, although it doesn't go below or match up with the dot matrix behind the rear view mirror. On the A pillar, it looks like it goes halfway down the pillar.
    #savethemanuals
    BEER
    BEER
    BEER
    Go Frogs!!!

  5. #5
    Registered Member m8te's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5 Akera

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonOTA View Post
    I thought I would add some more chrome to my ride. In small amounts nothing to crazy but to give the interior a more finished look.

    I added some small strips to each door panel to mimic the look on the LED headlights and LED tail lights. (The bars) I really like them. I used the cuttable 3m chrome from pep boys. (Comes on a roll)

    I also added some thicker cuttable chrome from pep boys around the cluster. I thought that something like this should have been factory to begin with. I also added some around the navigation. However I think around the navigation is a little to thick. I might be changing out the chrome to something a little thinner.

    Lastly I have my visor tinted. That's been done however I always thought it looks "incomplete" from the inside. The visor looking out from inside has no tradition or fade of color to clear like factory windshields do. It downed on me to try this out. I got chrome pinstripe and butted it up against very edge of the tint. (It's actually on the tint but not the windshield itself) this way you do not see the pinstripe from the outside of the car on the windshield. It's hard to tell in person, but it looks really good in person. It looked "finished" in my opinion. I'm sure some won't like it but that's ok. I wanted to share my ideas!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good work but how did you cut it to shape cleanly? Problem is that it is very hard to match the same satin chrome colour of the factory trims.

  6. #6
    Registered Member ijaen's Avatar

    2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Panama city, Panama
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by lowincash View Post
    I'm not too crazy about chrome trims, but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.
    +1 the bit on the windshield looks tacky

  7. #7
    Registered Member MasonOTA's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30


    Why not right? I think it makes the grill look taller!

  8. #8
    Registered Member ijaen's Avatar

    2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Panama city, Panama
    Posts
    91
    Looks like the new Maserati SUV

  9. #9
    Registered Member Panda_415's Avatar

    2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD SnowFlake White Pearl

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonOTA View Post


    Why not right? I think it makes the grill look taller!
    I need my FLAME SUIT ON ...
    I guess to each their own car ...

    but to me it kinda reminds me of the guy
    who buys stuff from the autoparts store and
    sticks em onto their ride ....
    Very easy to look tacky

    Less is MORE ... IMO
    Less is More ...
    That is why I choose the base 2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD

    17 in wheels = 225/65R17 means more tire for better ride ...
    Cloth seats = Not hot and sticky in summer or COLD in winter...
    Manual Lift gate = I can open it faster and close it faster than automatic lift gate

  10. #10
    Registered Member MasonOTA's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30
    I was just reminded why I haven't signed up for a car forum in years. #adultbully

  11. #11
    Registered Member lowincash's Avatar

    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonOTA View Post
    I was just reminded why I haven't signed up for a car forum in years. #adultbully
    Don't take it personally, it's just that not everybody likes the stick on chrome. A lot of people, including myself, would rather have less or no chrome. I wouldn't consider this bullying, it's just people's opinion. You post something up, people will either like it or hate it. Welcome to forum/social media life As long as you like it then that's all that really matters.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  12. #12
    Registered Member MasonOTA's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30
    That's one of many issues wrong with today's world as well as this new generation, can't we just post positives and keep the negatives to oneself. Here and social media. Just my opinion.

  13. #13
    Registered Member
    Donated: $5

    2016 Mazda CX5

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    132
    I like the grill... and your good at shaping those chrome strips inside. Doesn't look tacky to me. But the amount of chrome used is kind of a personal thing. Kind of like that plastic-dip spray on stuff

  14. #14
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast GJ-Molestor's Avatar

    2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda_415 View Post
    I need my FLAME SUIT ON ...
    I guess to each their own car ...

    but to me it kinda reminds me of the guy
    who buys stuff from the autoparts store and
    sticks em onto their ride ....
    Very easy to look tacky

    Less is MORE ... IMO

Similar Threads

  1. Can chrome be added to the lower CX- 9 trims?
    By Big e in forum CX-9 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 02:31 PM
  3. Tasteful Bling
    By rvoll in forum Mazda3 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 05:37 AM
  4. Very Clean 2002 Protege 5 with tasteful mods
    By loud3 in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
  5. Added a chrome lip to my OZ's
    By jbiird317 in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •