2017~2024 Added some CHROME! (Tasteful)

MasonOTA

:
Mazda CX-5
I thought I would add some more chrome to my ride. In small amounts nothing to crazy but to give the interior a more finished look.
6c33ab8b8c08bafce0bb3191cc8e3706.jpg

edd81d271bd0270ce0742b3683c9a420.jpg

I added some small strips to each door panel to mimic the look on the LED headlights and LED tail lights. (The bars) I really like them. I used the cuttable 3m chrome from pep boys. (Comes on a roll)

ae54c6d4a654bf3d9b26d02a874db77a.jpg
I also added some thicker cuttable chrome from pep boys around the cluster. I thought that something like this should have been factory to begin with. I also added some around the navigation. However I think around the navigation is a little to thick. I might be changing out the chrome to something a little thinner.
eca7770911e2555c721b3142b52110a8.jpg
527620b3451a22cbd546ada764fadff5.jpg

Lastly I have my visor tinted. That's been done however I always thought it looks "incomplete" from the inside. The visor looking out from inside has no tradition or fade of color to clear like factory windshields do. It downed on me to try this out. I got chrome pinstripe and butted it up against very edge of the tint. (It's actually on the tint but not the windshield itself) this way you do not see the pinstripe from the outside of the car on the windshield. It's hard to tell in person, but it looks really good in person. It looked "finished" in my opinion. I'm sure some won't like it but that's ok. I wanted to share my ideas!
69afc1ce9e5efcc06373a2ba180b105c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not too crazy about chrome trims, but I do like the chrome trim around the gauge cluster.

wow, how far below AS1 line is that strip on the windshield...[going out to check] (inout)...weird, there is no AS1 line on the windshield on the CX-5, but there is one on my GTI. i take that the AS1 line is the limit for (legal) tint to be applied to the top of the windshield and zero tint is (legally) not allowed below that line.

how far down the windshield do you have the banner tint strip? I guess it is an optical illusion, but it looks like an 8" strip or so, although it doesn't go below or match up with the dot matrix behind the rear view mirror. On the A pillar, it looks like it goes halfway down the pillar.

I thought I would add some more chrome to my ride. In small amounts nothing to crazy but to give the interior a more finished look.

I added some small strips to each door panel to mimic the look on the LED headlights and LED tail lights. (The bars) I really like them. I used the cuttable 3m chrome from pep boys. (Comes on a roll)

I also added some thicker cuttable chrome from pep boys around the cluster. I thought that something like this should have been factory to begin with. I also added some around the navigation. However I think around the navigation is a little to thick. I might be changing out the chrome to something a little thinner.

Lastly I have my visor tinted. That's been done however I always thought it looks "incomplete" from the inside. The visor looking out from inside has no tradition or fade of color to clear like factory windshields do. It downed on me to try this out. I got chrome pinstripe and butted it up against very edge of the tint. (It's actually on the tint but not the windshield itself) this way you do not see the pinstripe from the outside of the car on the windshield. It's hard to tell in person, but it looks really good in person. It looked "finished" in my opinion. I'm sure some won't like it but that's ok. I wanted to share my ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work but how did you cut it to shape cleanly? Problem is that it is very hard to match the same satin chrome colour of the factory trims.

4bd7267c0f1ef4648ff17e517c3c3328.jpg

Why not right? I think it makes the grill look taller!

I need my FLAME SUIT ON ...
I guess to each their own car ...

but to me it kinda reminds me of the guy
who buys stuff from the autoparts store and
sticks em onto their ride ....
Very easy to look tacky

Less is MORE ... IMO
;)

I was just reminded why I haven't signed up for a car forum in years. [emoji19] #adultbully

Don't take it personally, it's just that not everybody likes the stick on chrome. A lot of people, including myself, would rather have less or no chrome. I wouldn't consider this bullying, it's just people's opinion. You post something up, people will either like it or hate it. Welcome to forum/social media life :D As long as you like it then that's all that really matters.

That's one of many issues wrong with today's world as well as this new generation, can't we just post positives and keep the negatives to oneself. Here and social media. Just my opinion.

I like the grill... and your good at shaping those chrome strips inside. Doesn't look tacky to me. But the amount of chrome used is kind of a personal thing. Kind of like that plastic-dip spray on stuff

I need my FLAME SUIT ON ...
I guess to each their own car ...

but to me it kinda reminds me of the guy
who buys stuff from the autoparts store and
sticks em onto their ride ....
Very easy to look tacky

Less is MORE ... IMO
;)

(whistle)

Back