IAC valve connector keeps popping off. Does anyone else have this problem?

PowrSlave

:
Protege5
Basically I know it is popping off where it connects to the valve cover on top of the engine because the idle gets rough. It's super easy to just pop it back on when this happens, but it happens pretty often. Does anyone have a solution? Yes, I already searched the forum, but didn't find anything.

I mean I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure mine has a hose clamp on it. Maybe use a zip-tie!

The hose isn't what's popping off. It's the light coloured hard plastic elbow piece that conncets to the cylinder head valve cover that is popping off. My car never had any compression fittings holding this piece on and I don't see an example of this in any of the images I have searched since they all appear identical to mine, so I doubt a part is missing.

The hose isn't what's popping off. It's the light coloured hard plastic elbow piece that conncets to the cylinder head valve cover that is popping off. My car never had any compression fittings holding this piece on and I don't see an example of this in any of the images I have searched since they all appear identical to mine, so I doubt a part is missing.

Post a picture cause this sounds like a pcv valve not an iac.

Last edited:
The whole shabang is only like $3? I know mine was under $5 for sure ;)

Oddly enough, in posting this question, I realized it wasn't the PCV vave popping off in it's entirely, Rather, the valve has been pulling apart at the point where the white elbow piece connects to the darker piece that is on the engine attachment side. Are the glue on these things known to fail due to the generated engine heat or perhaps mine is some crappy generic brand since I see pictures of member cars where the whole PCV assembly is uniform in colour (usually black).

Back