Steering wheel peeling in 2016

The dealer ordered the wheel with no resistance at all. Completely agreed with me. Hopefully this new one will be trouble free.
Excellent [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yeah very glad it was as easy as it was. Check your steering wheels thats for sure.

yeah very glad it was as easy as it was. Check your steering wheels thats for sure.

Make sure all your buttons work (aka connected correctly) when they add the new steering wheel

I DON'T hate to say: I told ya' so! LOL 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Be careful with the dealer saying part of wear and tear and then refusing to replace it.

This x1000 - on my '09 3 drivers side floor mat wore a hole after just over 2 months, service manager tried to play the wear & tear game claiming it was a heel pointer, once I told him I'm the only one driving the car, only wear sneakers and started questioning the quality of the vehicle and mentioning lemon laws since things were breaking down so suddenly I had a new one within 5 minutes

As for the steering wheel, I don't think it's the same thing but I have had an issue with the rivets on my jeans scuffing the leather as i get out of the car, annoying as hell and that I don't think I'd have a leg to stand on with so I went for a cover, curious if others have had this issue

It looks a bit like something caught it to me but there is a TSB to replace steering wheels free inside the warranty period.

This x1000 - on my '09 3 drivers side floor mat wore a hole after just over 2 months, service manager tried to play the wear & tear game claiming it was a heel pointer, once I told him I'm the only one driving the car, only wear sneakers and started questioning the quality of the vehicle and mentioning lemon laws since things were breaking down so suddenly I had a new one within 5 minutes

As for the steering wheel, I don't think it's the same thing but I have had an issue with the rivets on my jeans scuffing the leather as i get out of the car, annoying as hell and that I don't think I'd have a leg to stand on with so I went for a cover, curious if others have had this issue

Maybe raise your steering column a bit (scratch)

It looks a bit like something caught it to me but there is a TSB to replace steering wheels free inside the warranty period.

My steering wheel is like that, actually worse, but I missed the TSB and I am out of the warranty. That is the second TSB that I now regret not getting - driver side mirror shaking is another.

Well got the new steering wheel installed. Only thing is it seems like a new texture. So either it's a new and improved version that hopefully won't peel, or is it a possibility that it's one from a touring or something? As you can see, the old wheel has more of a glossy smooth feel. Where the new one is more textured feeling and "rough". I kinda like it. Just want to make sure it is correct. Either way, I am happy to have a new one.

33to0n6.jpg

What do you guys think?

Wasn't the old one leather (scratch) Is the new one (uhm)

Ugh yeah...I mean it's hard to tell with the new one. But yeah, there clearly is a difference. But I'm definitely stopping at Mazda later and comparing to another 16 GT.

Ugh yeah...I mean it's hard to tell with the new one. But yeah, there clearly is a difference. But I'm definitely stopping at Mazda later and comparing to another 16 GT.

Maybe they are using the same materials on the 2017 steering wheel with the replacement 2016 (uhm)

So I compared it to a brand new 16 sitting in the dealer. The same. Compared to a 17. The same. Must be the new material they use now. They filed mine under a TSB so maybe that's it. Everyone with that smooth wheel should really expect there's.

So they have basically streamlined it and use the same material across the board now.

So they have basically streamlined it and use the same material across the board now.

Yeah appears to be the case. There's a BMW dealer right next to the Mazda. For the hell of it I compared it to an $80,000 X5. Same material. Certainly appeared to be the same.

Back