2016 cx-5 randomly wouldn't start and had 3 different icons pop up on dash

meghanconn

:
2016 mazda cx-5 sport
I got rear ended about a month ago and my car was in the shop for three weeks. I've had my car back for a week now with no problems, except earlier today I went to go get in my car and it wouldn't start. The engine wouldn't start and my brake was locked up, but I was able to at least turn it on so I could see the dash. My power steering icon was on, my check engine light was on and my alternator light was on. My dad came and jump started my car and it worked right away and all of the icons disappeared. Should I still be concerned since none of my icons popped back up? I am going to take it to the dealership on thursday, but I'm worried about my drive there since its about 45 minutes from where I am now.

May just be that the battery is low charge after sitting in the shop for 3 weeks.

I would be inclined to check electrolite levels and then put it on a battery charger overnight and see how it goes then.

Last edited:
Check the battery cable connections, they might have been knocked a little loose in the accident...

Back