Bluetooth Audio Issues

BT connectivity problems are probably the thing I dislike the most about my 2016.5 CX-5. I put my phone in the same location as ddtigger1 does and frequently have problems getting Pandora to work. Sometimes just turning Bluetooth off and on solves the problem, sometimes not.

Same issue here on my 2017 CX5. It worked perfectly for 5 months and it just started giving me problems yesterday. Off to the dealer, I go!

I use Waze and Spotify. Both have released updates this month that are causing issues - they seem to be integrated into each other now and sometimes it plays through the phone rather than the stereo. Spotify is so buggy.

The "Facetime" part of your phone? LOL I've never heard anyone call it that before. The top of your phone.

I am also having that same issue on my Android phone. No audio from Googlemaps when the car is running but if the car is turned off the audio starts playing so it is not the phone.

That's doesn't mean it's not the phone. What kind of phone?

I am also having that same issue on my Android phone. No audio from Googlemaps when the car is running but if the car is turned off the audio starts playing so it is not the phone.

It's probably the phone, or more accurately, the software on the phone.

The car's system works fine for most people. It's firmware is infrequently updated and must be done manually. So no change there. The difference is phone configurations - the operating system, its drivers and the app you're using. They update frequently and these updates sometimes break things. Look there for your issue. You may need to repair the connection or look for an audio output setting. It may have been muted somehow.

This is kind of why some manufacturers are leery of carplay and AA. If apple or google releases a buggy update to it, people will blame the car and go to the dealer rather than apple or google.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Maybe do you had issue that bluetooth has lag for 2 seconds (example, you let any media (youtube, mixcloud, etc.)) and you can see that it doesn't respond fast or maybe there is delay when you try to skip some part?
example: Youtube music playlist is going and you can see before skipping to next song, that video is 2 seconds ahead of music. I know that we should pay attention while driving, but in traffic jam there is time to skip songs, but when you see it, it's quite annoying.

Hello everyone,
Maybe do you had issue that bluetooth has lag for 2 seconds (example, you let any media (youtube, mixcloud, etc.)) and you can see that it doesn't respond fast or maybe there is delay when you try to skip some part?
example: Youtube music playlist is going and you can see before skipping to next song, that video is 2 seconds ahead of music. I know that we should pay attention while driving, but in traffic jam there is time to skip songs, but when you see it, it's quite annoying.

Yeah, buffer lag. Normal feature of bluetooth. It saves a couple of seconds of music so it doesn't stutter during signal pauses.

Back