Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth Audio Issues

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by paging_drburgos View Post
    Have you deleted and re-paired them?
    I deleted it and repaired it, it seems so far to be working much better. I have a 11 hour road trip next Tuesday and I really hope it continues to work well!

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5

After repairing it, it has been much better. Until today.

It is periodically cutting out, momentarily speeding up the song etc.

Any other ideas on what to do?

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

It hit me, on my 12 hour road trip (stopped to feed our son several times), that maybe there is some interference.

If the FaceTime (upper) part of my iPhone is sandwiched between my legs (I do this often to make it easy to reach), or in my pocket, or inside of anything that could interfere with Bluetooth, then the music cuts out. As soon as the phone is "Free", then the music continues playing as if nothing was wrong.

So a majority of peoples problems, mine included, might be solved by sitting our phones somewhere the Bluetooth is unimpaired.

2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG

Quote Originally Posted by kribensis12 View Post
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

It hit me, on my 12 hour road trip (stopped to feed our son several times), that maybe there is some interference.

If the FaceTime (upper) part of my iPhone is sandwiched between my legs (I do this often to make it easy to reach), or in my pocket, or inside of anything that could interfere with Bluetooth, then the music cuts out. As soon as the phone is "Free", then the music continues playing as if nothing was wrong.

So a majority of peoples problems, mine included, might be solved by sitting our phones somewhere the Bluetooth is unimpaired.
    I put phone in the area right behind the E-Brake switch and next to the cup holders in plain sight while driving and I still loose Bluetooth connection.. But only for pandora. Everything else is good.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT/Tech

I'm having BT audio issues as well however with my phone (iPhone 7 Plus) phone calls always work, but the music often does not. I get the 'unknown' message on the screen when trying to access music (the phone remains paired) if I shut the car off and back on, it will work again. I already tried to delete and pair the phone but the issue keeps cropping up.
    If it ain't Boeing I ain't going

Registered Member

2016.5 Mazda CX-5

BT connectivity problems are probably the thing I dislike the most about my 2016.5 CX-5. I put my phone in the same location as ddtigger1 does and frequently have problems getting Pandora to work. Sometimes just turning Bluetooth off and on solves the problem, sometimes not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12